Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 30, 2007

WE ARE "GO" FOR SURGERY

Well, Ella Kate's ENT appt. went just like I expected....she will be having surgery most likely Thursday, maybe Friday. I should receive a call by tomorrow with a definite place, date, and time. They took an X-Ray of her adenoids and did a hearing test that showed a flat line which means there's alot of fluid pressure...there should have been a spike. Anyway, according to Dr. Naidu, she falls in the 5% of children who do NOT have great success with only one round of tubes...go figure!!! Leave it to my child to be the "different" one :) Today, there was no infection but lots of fluid...dilated vessels and her left ear was red despite being on Omnicef prophylactically. She was a sure "shoe in." He said we could postpone the surgery until after her birthday but I told him I would rather get it done so I didn't have to take her back for Rocephin shots-he understood so that's the plan. I'll update when I know the exact date and time, but for now it looks like Thursday or Friday. She'll have to be intubated and the procedure will last about a half hour. It's outpatient, so we'll be home soon afterwards and she should be pain free and back to normal within the day-good news!

No comments: