Good news first: LOOK AT OUR VAN!!!! We picked it up this morning and it is a dream! The prior owners took great care of it!! I didn't want to put the car seats in it cause it looked so pretty and clean and the kids' seats had ground in cracker crumbs in them...it was also raining, so I had to drive my new pretty car out into the rain :) It is a 2004 Honda Odyssey-light blue..gray cloth interior with a CD player and a tape player (too bad I don't own any anymore!) It also had a little upgrade-a DVD player that the kids are really enjoying! On the way home Eli said, "Mommy, I think this van is really cool!" He was hoping it had the in floor storage (like the newer models) cause he was wanting to be able to put his toys in it, but the DVD player seems to be making up for that :)
Here it is parked in the garage-I wasn't going to take pictures out in the rain :)On to the bad news....
Ella Kate had her doctor's appointment today. The infection was gone but she had alot of fluid on her ears which probably explains her tugging and being cranky (it probably hurts from the pressure). Her doctor agreed with me that if it looked like we were heading down the same road that we just go ahead and put the tubes back in instead of waiting around for another infection. She said she'd call Dr. Naidu (ENT) and get us in ASAP. I just got the call and we have an appointment on Monday at 1 pm. Stinks for me cause I'll have to keep her home from school to take her-maybe I can send her and get a couple of hours of sleep and just pick her up to take her to the appt....I'll have to figure that one out. Anyway, I'm sure they'll set up the date then. If Dr. Naidu's sugery dates are still the same that means he'd schedule either Thursday or Friday of next week. This stinks cause Ella Kate's birthday is Saturday, May 5th and I have scheduled her b-day party at build-a-bear on Friday the 4th with her friends. Guess I'd have to reschedule that-we'll just wait and see on Monday. This time, she'll not only get tubes but have her adenoids out as well. The tubes only took about 5 minutes...the adenoids will probably add a half hour as well as intubation (not just gas). Eli recovered in a couple of days so I expect Ella Kate will do the same. Dr. Christian (pediatrician) says this will probably make a huge difference in how sick (or actually, not sick) she will be. WOW! I just can't imagine not having sick children! The surgery made a HUGE difference for Eli-he hasn't been majorly sick in over a year (ever since his surgery) so I know that deep down this is what's best for her. In the meantime, Dr. Christian wants Ella on an antibiotic. We did this last time too and it didn't work. Please just pray that the antibiotic will keep any infection at bay until we can get her in for surgery. I hate having to give her those shots!!!! It breaks my heart! I'll keep you all updated!







No comments:
Post a Comment