AND THE SAGA CONTINUES.....
Well, I am exhausted. Yesterday I noticed that Ella started pulling on her ears again. Last night I was up from 2-4:30 with her. She was just crying constantly. If you laid her down she cried...screamed actually. As long as she was upright she was fine-big clue. We had her ear recheck from her last ear infection this morning. I figured it wouldn't be great news. Turns out that both her ears were infected and bulging...they looked awful and Dr. Christian thinks the Omnicef Ella was on did absolutely nothing. Her ears just got worse. Unfortunately, this bought her a round of Rocephin. She got a shot today and then gets a shot tomorrow and Friday. The doctor will recheck her ears on Friday and they should be clear. This is what happened right before she got her first set of tubes. The antibiotics didn't work and Rocephin was our last option. The biggest problem is that her infection will be cleared up, but she will probably still have fluid on her ears. This is the main problem because as long as the fluid is there it is only a matter of time before the infection is back. And we can only use Rocephin so long before it will cease working as well. So, it looks like we are headed down an all too familiar road. Only time will tell, but it is looking like replacing her tubes might be in her near future. This time her ENT will also take out her adenoids (it's protocol). So, both my children will have had surgery in their short little life span-AHHHHH!!!!! This is just so frustrating! I don't mean to sound so down...I just really wish we could get past this.
On a brighter note, yesterday was a beautiful day. I took the kids to the zoo and they walked the entire time. No stroller needed! It was fun to not have to have that...and by the time we left, they were tired!
Brian took Eli outside yesterday evening to practice riding his scooter. Check out the pictures below! Hope everyone is well. I will keep you all updated on anything new with Ella Kate.








No comments:
Post a Comment