HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
"Pop pop"-this is a new word of Ella Kate's. No, I'm pretty sure that this new word has nothing to do with New Year's and everything to do with her new favorite food...POPCORN! We were given one of those popcorn tins for Christmas by someone and Ella loves the cheese popcorn. She now walks around the house looking for the tin saying "pop pop", "pop pop"!!!! Brian called me at work earlier tonight to say that they were all over at his grandparent's house. Eli was playing with the other kids and Ella Kate was walking around saying "cake". That girl has a HUGE sweet tooth! She gets it honestly :) I seriously doubt that the kids stayed up until midnight. I hope that my husband put them to bed WELL BEFORE the big countdown! We rang in the new year here at work-most of the kids just didn't make it. They were fast asleep when the clock struck 12. They all tried so hard :)
As I said in my Christmas letter, I am starting this year off with no resolutions. I am focusing on my daily commitment to be the person God has called me to be...to grow and to change. I will still set goals and aim to reach those, however. I guess my "book" has officially begun. I am looking forward to all that this new year has in store. 2006 was definitely an adventure full of emotional highs and lows. As I think back over the year, a rush of memories flood my mind. I remember sickness, death, alot of "firsts", birthdays, anniversaries, vacations, funny things my children said and did, accomplishments, etc. I could go on and on. I'm sure 2007 holds the same, and I am filled with anticipation of where life will take our family, the stories we will have, and the new memories we will make together. I pray God's blessings on you and yours as we enter this new year. Make it a good one!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment