Strep?
Well, I'm going to attempt this entry again-I lost it somehow. Basically to make a long story short (my excuse for not wanting to retype everything)- Ella Kate began running a fever of 101.4 at MDO yesterday. I made her an appt. for today at the pediatrician's office basically just to check her ears since we knew one tube was falling out. This morning she woke up with a low grade fever and a rash from head to toe-It was very suspicious and made me think of strep. Would you believe that in all the times my kids have been sick somehow we have missed strep? Well, I took her in for her appt. and we waited FOREVER! Usually, I'm in and out within an hour, but today it was 2 hours before we ever saw anyone! I'm sure we picked up 80 billion more germs waiting with all the other sick kids! They must have been short a doctor or they double booked the entire morning! It was very challenging needless to say with "Miss fussy britches" and "Mr. big ball of energy" in tow! They did a strep test on her and it was negative, but she went ahead and put Ella Kate on Omnicef since she has a really red throat and that rash. They are sending her throat swab off for culture and we should hear something back by Thursday afternooon/Friday morning. Ella is not eating well, but is drinking ok. Hopefully we'll be back up and running soon. Her ears looked fine-no infection. The left tube is definitely out and just sitting in the ear canal waiting to fall out. The right one is at the correct angle but is bulging so it's probably getting ready to fall out soon too. Hopefully we'll make it through winter! I'm so ready for warm weather. I always get like this about the end of January. It's just now getting really cold and I'm ready for spring! Well, the kids are down for a nap so I'm off to get a little sewing done.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
I have a friend who works at the ped clinic here. She said one day last week she used almost an entire container of penicillian (sp?) giving shots for strep. Evidently that and flu are running wild in our area. Hope she's feeling better soon.
Post a Comment