Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 18, 2007

"I'm a big girl"

Well my little girl is to the point that she can hold her own mask for her breathing treatments! Just look at her! When I think about it, it kinda makes me sad that she has to do it so much that she can do it all by herself at only 20 months! Right now, she has a cold, so we are doing her treatments twice a day! Since we began this regimen of bumping her treatments up to twice a day during colds she's hasn't had any wheezing episodes so that's great! We are very thankful and hopefully next winter we'll be done completely and this will be something she's out grown! We had a checkup at the ENT last week-Eli was signed off on! It has been one year since his sinus surgery and adenoid removal and he hasn't had a single infection! It was decided that the surgery was definitely worth the benefit we received and since Eli has been "clear" for a year now, he's done seeing the ENT...bye bye Dr. Naidu! BUT (you knew one was coming) we can't sign out completely yet cause Ella still has PE tubes. He said that her left one is out and sitting on her ear drum. Chances are it will fall out on it's own soon and we'll never even see it. The right one is still in and looks good. We are hoping to make it through the rest of the winter without any troubles. Hopefully by next winter they will both be gone and she will have grown enough and her ear canals will be long enough that she won't need them. We'll have to watch her though, and if the ear infections pick back up she'll have to have the tubes replaced. We hope it doesn't come to this because if they have to be put back in a second time, they automatically take out the adenoids too....surgery. Not something I typically enjoy. It makes me a nervous wreck waiting while my kids are in surgery...even though it's "minor." We go back to the ENT in july to check in on her tubes.
Well, I think I've pretty much caught up. Now that I've figured out my camera and the program, things should run pretty smoothly. The kids are in MDO today so I better run and see what I can get done while it's just me.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

It is sad that Ella has had to get comfortable with the breathing treatments, but it must be easier on you and Brian. It takes both of us to give Malcolm a treatment. Hopefully he won't them very often once this RSV passes. I'm glad Eli has been doing better.