Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 19, 2007

"Unexpected Surprises"

Ever heard the phrase about the best things in life being the unexpected? Well, no-nothing hugely unexpected has happened, just something that made a smile creep across my face and caused my mind to paste another memory in the scrapbook of my heart. The kids are sleeping. I got a shower and got myself ready for the day (nevermind the fact that it is 3:45 p.m.). As I went to put my shoes on my toe hit something at the end. I turned my shoe upside down to find about 8 little foam discs (belonging to Eli and his favorite gun) falling out. I smiled as I thought about the life I had before kids. Everything was so predictable. I knew that I would get up and get ready and go about a day that I had definitely had before. But I chose to have children. And now, I get to have things safely tucked away in all my personal belongings, a reminder that I brought into this world a sweet little person who will always be a part of me. I have days every now and then when I sit back and dream of the time when life was predictable...not so much work :) But you know-I wouldn't trade what I have now for ANYTHING! Life doesn't get much better than finding "treasures" in my shoes. A day will come (so I've been told) when finding treasures will be but a memory, replaced with those of finding my daughter going through my make up or my son hanging out with girls instead of this "girl." I know they will grow up and it is my job to get them there with purpose, but for today...I'm going to enjoy the unexpected ;)

No comments: