Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 14, 2006

THE WHEELS ON THE BUS

I remember when we began to see what Eli was learning at Mother's Day Out (or "school" as we have come to call it). He began saying "please" and "thank you" and he began folding his hands and bowing his head to pray before his meals. He also began doing what was obviously hand motions and singing words to some song that I had never heard of. When I asked his teacher about the songs, she just smiled and sang them to me. I remember laughing and thinking "Wow! My 18 month old is really learning!!!" Ella Kate has begun to do the same. We popped in a veggie tales CD in the car the other day and as soon as "the wheels on the bus go round and round" came on she was rolling her hands over eachother and then would spread her arms out wide at the part of "all through the town." Granted, she does this for every verse no matter the words (which really frustrates Eli-smile) but she is learning and it is so cute! She just grins so big cause we have really given her quite the audience and applause for it.

With this excitement comes the reminder that they really do pick up on so many things, and every word I say and thing I do is critically analyzed and stored in that little brain of theirs. In the words of another famous song...Oh be careful little (insert body part here) what you do/say, etc.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I try to remember the "be careful" what you say/do especially when I am frustrated. I find that's the hardest time for me to remember everything I say or do will be remembered. It is amazing how quickly they learn. This first year has especially been filled with so much growing and developing. It seems like every day brings new surprises...I mean, skills. :)