Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

"CLASSIC" ROSEOLA

Well, according to my mom I (with the help of my children) have officially scared my brother and sister-in-law away from having children any time soon. I think they have been asking (alot) : Are kids suppose to be this sick all the time? Well, I didn't think so either, but...well, they are apparently. I think my brother and I just lucked up in the department of healthy. My children have accumulated between the two of them quite an impressive list: (although I know it could be so much worse-these are at least fixable things)

1. Umbilical granulomas (rare and something that BOTH my children had-go figure)
2. Sinus infections that awarded Eli sinus surgery and an adenoidectomy along with
no telling how many round of antibiotics trying to cure it in the first place.
3. ROTAVIRUS-complete with hospitalization-ahhhhh!!!! I never want to relive that
or see Eli as sick as he was!
4. Ear infection after ear infection (this one belongs to Ella Kate) which bought
her PE tubes after many round of antibiotics and finally rocephin shots (2 rounds)
5. Croup and wheezing-Ella is on daily pulmocort for her wheezing "episodes" that we
pray she eventually grows out of as opposed to turning into full-fledged asthma.
6. AND FINALLY-I can now add a viral infection that has given us 5 days (so far) of
FEVER and roseola. The Roseola is a rash that comes USUALLY when the virus has
done it's thing and the fever has broken...But NO,_not in my child. He still has
fever! The doctor today said that he wasn't doing it the "classic" way-but she
felt sure it was roseola and this was all a viral something...leave it to my kids
to not do anything classic!!! ha ha!


There have been many more here and there infections, runny noses, scary trips to the ER, etc. BUT this is our main list of majors. So, anyone else out there hesitant about having children? Well, don't be...yeah they can scare you half to death with all they go through in their helpless states, but there is nothing more fulfilling than being mommy (or daddy)...to know that you are the one they want when they don't feel good (and when they do)..and that God is watching over them and giving you the stamina to handle anything that comes your way with HIS strength (Phil.4:13). And believe you me, sometimes I have survived on that alone! I am reminded that God has loaned them to me and has given me the capacity to care for them. I guess I also keep in the forefront of my mind St.Jude. NOTHING I have been through with my children even compares to what those parents and children go through. Again, I am thankful for the "small" trials God has given me and know that any of those parents would trade with me in a heartbeat! I guess it helps me keep things continuously in perspective.
Your children make you more vulnerable than you could ever imagine...They are your world...your heart is literally walking outside of your body...when they hurt, you hurt and when they are full of joy, so are you. So, I guess we will keep on...remembering that "this too shall pass" and enjoy life...the good and the "not-so-good." Besides, if I really sat down and wrote out a list of the "goods", they would far exceed the "not-sos."

Eli and Ella Kate,
The two of you make me so proud. You are fun, challenging, exciting, silly, loving, innocent, but most of all...mine...given to me by our loving Heavely Father-I pray that I point you to Him as you grow and change. The burden of showing you "The Way, The Truth, and The Life" far exceeds any burden of caring for you physically. I want to be a mommy that you remember as being a mommy that first and foremost loved God and that you saw that love spill over into your lives. I love you two!

No comments: