"HAPPY BIRTHDAY...WE GOT YOU A STATUE!"
Well, I'm a little belated in writing this happy birthday entry to myself. My birthday was the 17th (Sunday). It was a good birthday...I guess...They just all seem to run together at this point and aren't very exciting anymore. I had worked Saturday night anyway so I was pretty tired and looking forward to sleeping. However, the kids are sick. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! Brian had to teach one of the children's classes at church so that left me to stay home with our sick children. It is very hard to stay awake and give decent care to children when you have been awake 24 hours already! But, I made it and got into bed just as soon as Brian walked in the door from church!
I have to tell the story of my morning though. When I walked in the door from work that morning the kids were sitting at the table eating breakfast and Eli let out a big loud excited "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" He was grinning from ear to ear like he had a secret and couldn't hold it in much longer.-on a side note, Ella Kate threw her arms up into the air and screamed like her brother-very cute! Well, Eli DID have a secret and COULDN'T hold it in any longer. The next words out of his mouth were: "We got you a statue!" To which I hear Brian say, "Eli, you're not suppose to tell mommy cause it's a suprise! To which Eli then says, actually whispers, (quietly as if being secretive) "We got you a statue!" I could hardly keep from laughing! He is just so sweet and innocent sometimes! Well, it was a statue-a willow tree one. I have a few that I have collected. I opened it and Eli began to explain to me what exactly it was..."That's Ella Kate and that's me, Eli (as if I didn't know his name), and that's you holding us and we are one big happy family!" Oh how my heart just melted right there on the kitchen table!!!! That alone made my day. Later that afternoon,I got up to get ready for work and Eli asked me "Mommy, did you have a good birthday nap?" He just cracks me up!
Well, the kids are sick as I mentioned earlier. Eli will be on day 5 of fever tomorrow and we are hoping it breaks soon. It has been up to 102.7 and he usually doesn't feel too good when it gets this high. He has no other symptoms so I guess we are thankful for that. Ella has a cold but it seems more like allergies than anything. She has had NO WHEEZING (an answer to prayer). She just has a water faucet for a nose and keeping Benadryl in her dries her up; although it keeps her pretty sleepy. Well, hopefully we will be rounding a corner pretty soon and getting back to some normalcy-ha ha-sometimes I feel like my children being sick is normal-silly me! Welp, gotta go. Lots to do and I'm only procrastinating-something I'm very good at!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment