CHILD-LIKE FAITH
I believe every christian parent deep down wants the same thing for their child: a heart that is sensitive to the calling of God. A heart that desires to have a relationship with Him that will ultimately surpass the value of every other relationship he or she may have. To have an attitude of servanthood and devotion to a purpose greater than themselves. We dream of the day that our children will display that child like faith and realize that all they need is Christ. This is something Brian and I pray over our children every night as they go to bed. We pray that God will enable us to be the parents that point them in the right direction and that our children's heart will be soft and that they will be listening and not be influenced by the world. They are both too young at this point to actually process any of this but one day...
I begin this entry this way because yesterday I saw the child like faith Christ speaks of in my son yesterday. I believe a child like faith displays an innocence so to speak. Believing without seeing, accepting because somehow it makes sense. Simplistic. Children don't understand all the ins and outs of "religion". They aren't able to grasp the politics we see today in the church. They just get the basics and run with it. Oh to be more like that...to have that child like faith. Desiring to know more and further that relationship above all others for no other reason except pure heartfelt desire. I might be streching this a bit but yesterday we had taken our neighbor's mail up to them. They had gone out of town but cut their trip short because their child had a high fever and was not feeling too great. I told Eli that he was sick and on the way back home he pulled my hand and said, "We have to stop and pray for him to not be sick anymore." I know right now he says that because he has seen his family call out to God during our "desperate times" as well as our "everyday need times", but it makes me happy to know that his mind is gearing that way. I pray one day he will say that same statement because he completely believes that our God is a God who answers prayer, who heals, who desires to see great things accomplished through our lives for His glory, but for now I am content with watching him grow and learn as a child: little by little, step by step. My prayer still continues...
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
What a great story! It sounds like you have some really wonderful kids. I love reading your blog and keeping up with your adventures in motherhood.
Post a Comment