TO "INFIDION" AND BEYOND" (Brian's Blog)
Lately our house has received a galatic makeover, well at least if you ask my son, Eli...err...Buzz Lightyear. You see, Eli has taken quite a liking to Buzz Lightyear, courtesy of the 16 sequential screenings of Toy Story 2 (not all at once, lest the grandparents being to worry). Candice and I get a chuckle when he raises his fists into the air and horribly misquotes his favorite space ranger, "To infidion and beyond..."(with "beyond" taking about 4 seconds and 2 voice inflections to pronounce).
Not only does it bring joy to a father's heart to see his son using his very vivid imagination, but I am reminded of a few truths that I would do well to put into everyday practice.
First, if after 16 sequential screenings of a movie my son wants to grow up to be Buzz Lightyear, I think we coud all agree that the effect of immersion is a reality. The application of this truth is truly astronomical...pun intended. As I immerse myself in God's Word, as I am steeped in walking with Christ, as I breathe the air of the eternal through fellowship with the Holy Spirit I can't help but want to grow up to be just like my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Secondly, the phrase "to infinity and beyond" is more than the executives at Pixar (the animation studio that created Toy Story) could have ever imagined. For them the phrase was the space ranger battle cry. For the believer, it's the duration of our fellowship with our Heavenly Father, forever-and beyond! What an awesome thought, we will be spending our existence worshipping and fellowshipping with the very one who created time and space.
In the meantime, Eli...Buzz, and I have several out of this world adventures that await us, and I'm priviledged (quited blessed) to have the opportunity to live and teach and serve alongside this little space ranger.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment