Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

FUN TIMES

Well, I can officially say I am exhausted! I keep going on these "vacations" only to come back tired and not rested! What's up with that?!?! ha ha! This past Friday, Brian and I went to Little Rock to visit my brother and sister-in-law. We left the kids with Granna and Papa and decided to just get away and do some things we normally don't get to do when we have the kids (which is all the time-LOL). We got into town and had dinner at Brandon and Rebecca's house. Becca-you'll have to send me your potato salad recipe-it was awesome!!! I'll give it a try! Afterwards we went out and tried to go to a movie but it was totally sold out so we got some coffee and a few movies from Blockbuster and went back to the house. We watched a couple, had few laughs and called it a night. The next day, we went hiking at Petit Jean State Park. It was absolutely beautiful! At the end of the hike there was a waterfall. I know Brandon and Rebecca were dissapointed because it was more of a water "trickle" but nevertheless, still beautiful! I think normally when we haven't had months of drought (haha) there is alot of water flowing all through the trail and the waterfall is an amazing sight! I must say though that even though there was not much water...just the canyon itself was spectacular! It's not everyday that you get to go hiking through nature only to discover somtehing like that! We will definitely have to go back after they've had some rain, but it was still alot of fun. EXCEPT for the huge bruise I have from slipping on one of the rocks. Scratched my leg up pretty good. You don't realize just how much you use certain body parts until you hurt them. Who would have thought that the area just below and to the inside of your knee was a highly utilized body part? Go figure! Anyway, the hike back up out of the mountain was definitely a workout! If I did that on a regular basis, I think I would feel awsome all the time....or ready to die....it's a toss up....ha!

Anyway, that night we met up and had dinner with a college friend of mine in Conway (Fran Kline-now Robbins). She and her husband Trenton are expecting their first child (a boy-Carter) at the beginning of September-just about another month away! She looked all cute and pregnant and of course you couldn't even tell she was pregnant from behind! I'm really excited for them! It was good to see her. I love meeting up with "real friends." Those are the people who I can just pick up with like we just saw eachother a couple of days ago...not a couple of years ago! Thanks for meeting us for dinner-it was great to see you guys!

On Sunday, we went to Fellowship Bible in Little Rock and then to hot springs to MAGIC SPRINGS!!!! Oh! I had so much fun! I haven't been able to ride a roller coaster in forever! Between having kids or being pregnant there was always some kind of "technical" something preventing that from happening! It was nice to just be a "kid" again ...having fun turning upside down and wondering why I trusted manmade metal with my life!!!! The most fun was when it rained and we were on the roller coaster! That made it that much more exciting! Who would have thought that getting pelted in the face by rain was such a thrill?!?!?! Needless to say, we all left the park on a high, but definitely feeling our age (well, I guess I can only speak for myself-I WAS TIRED!) We ordered in pizza and watch another movie that night at the house before calling it a "fun weekend" and hitting the road back home Monday morning. "Uncle B and Aunt Becca"-thanks for having us and letting us run you ragged all weekend. We really enjoyed ourselves and getting to spend some time with you guys!

We are back into our normal routine now. We are just hanging around the house today doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms...all the things that aren't terribly fun but demanding my attention still the same :) We have to go to Ella's 15 month check up tomorrow so hopefully that will go well...I dread the shots...I've been through 2 children and somewhere round about 30 shots but it never seems to get easier-I wish I could take it for them! Both the kids have green noses right now, so I'll give it a week (per ENT request usually) and then give good ole Dr. Naidu a call for some antibiotics. But hopefully that won't be necessary and it will all clear up on it's own. If Eli does end up having a sinus infection, this will only be his 2nd one since having his surgery! Eight months and only one, possibly two infections-YIPPEE! ANOTHER PRAISE: Ella hasn't had any wheezing throughout this cold! This has been her first cold since being on the Pulmocort daily, and it seems to be doing what we wanted it to. Thank you Lord! I wish she didn't have to be on any medicine, but I'm thankful it's doing what it's suppose to be! And she has gotten used to the daily nebulizers and holds her own mask in front of her face now-how cute! Oh yeah, by the way, Ella's gotten all four molars in the last month! Maybe all the irritablility will cease! At least for a while :)

I'll give an update tomorrow on Ella Kate's checkup and my sanity :)

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Sounds like life has been busy for you this summer! Hope everyone is feeling better. I'm glad to hear Fran is doing well. Tell her congrats for me. And I'm sure you've already told her how much fun little boys are!