"MOMMY OOPS!"
Well, I did a HUGE OOPS....I forgot my kids....well, I didn't really FORGET them, I just overslept. I might as well have forgotten them though because I was sooooooo embarrased! On Monday, I took the kids to MDO (Ella Kate began a new class:the toddler room) and when I got home, I went to bed (forgetting to set my alarm clock). AHHHH!!! That's like rule #1 of things to do before going to sleep after being awake all night!!!!! Anyway, The head lady calls my cell phone and says, "Mrs. Duffy?" That's all she had to say....I was blubbering and in tears...so embarrassed I had overslept and that my kids were at school waiting on mommy to come get them....not to mention I was racking up a fine of $1.00 a minute for every minute I was late after 3:15 (per child)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you at this moment it was 3:25. It takes me a solid 20 minutes to get there. I assured her I was in the car and on my way. I was there by 3:55 and Eli's teacher was watching both the kids. She obviously could tell I had been balling the whole way there and gave me a big hug and said "Did you oversleep? Honey it's OK." She then assured me that I would not be charged the $1.00/minute charge being this was my first "offense." I replied, "Oh that's wonderful and it will NEVER happen again!" You all know how it is...You mess up BIG and you NEVER forget to do what you are suppose to ever again!!!! I saw Ms. Glenda the head lady and she said all the same things Ms. Helen had and assured me that it was ok. They were all very gracious, but I WAS SOOOO EMBARRASSED!!!! Good mommies do not fail to pick up their children!!!! ha ha! I guess I can just laugh at myself (one day) and be thankful that the kids are too young to remember that mommy "forgot" them (smile).
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
Josh's mom left him at church several times as a kid--and he was old enough to remember it. The neighbors had to take him home! Now they both laugh about it and it doesn't seem to have scarred him too badly! ;) Maybe today will be better.
Post a Comment