Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Back to the grind...what a whirlwind it has been, or seemed at least. Nashville, unairconditioned house, Papa and Grana's house, unairconditioned house, Papa and Grana's house, home, work, Little Rock, and home again (jiggity jig). So why do they call it vacation again? (lol)
As much as I treasure spending time with my little ones, Little Rock was a welcome respite from diapers, runny noses, and "Daddy, I have a 'twestion'. Monkey has a 'twestion'" (trans. Eli's little way of stalling the inevitable bedtime). It's also nice to be able to spend some time with the love of my life (quality time that can only be spent on a rainy roller coaster). We are truly blessed to have folks who love us enough to watch our little ones and other folks who'll let us interrupt their weekend for a hike to a 90 foot outdoor shower (btw...I was speaking to an outdoor enthusiast who said that the prime waterfall seasons are fall and spring, summer and winter are, well, what we saw). Seeing all of creation (in all it's 100 degree glory) was such an awesome thing; making the hike back up the trail showed me evidence of God's miraculous intervention in my out of shape self.
Well, school starts back in two weeks so that means...wait, did I say two weeks? AHHHHHHH! School starts in only two weeks, so that means I'll be pretty busy putting the finishing touches on my class (Study Skills) and making sure that the CTL (Center for Teaching and Learning) is in ship-shape for our incoming students. The good news is that my schedule is a little less busy this Fall. Looks like I'll be taking a break from my studies for a semester, but if the Lord opens doors I should be back in the Spring. In the meantime, I can focus more time on what really matters (Candice, Eli, and Ella...and family).
Shalom to all.

No comments: