I Have a 5 year Old?!?!?!
Today is Eli's birthday...well, for the next 4 minutes anyway :) It's crazy to think that 5 years ago, I was in a hospital room just beginning my journey through motherhood. I was actually getting the kid's fall clothes together today which included me going through all Eli's old clothes to see what Noah could use. It was a trip down memory lane going through my first born's clothes. I could remember the day he wore certain things, how he looked, how small he was in my arms. Now, he's about 40 lbs. of rough and tumble pure boy. He is curious, intelligent, creative, and independent. He takes after his Daddy and LOVES video games. He likes to take the lead and is very outgoing. He hates change. He's never met a stranger. He speaks his mind. He loves to learn and is constantly asking questions. He loves his family and we love him in return!!! He has come a long way since being the little 7 lb. 15 oz. baby in my arms on October 8th, 2003. I am so glad God chose to bless my life with such a special little man!
He had a rough birthday early on, but it ended well. Because of his shots yesterday, he was quite sore today. Limping and running fever of 101 and just plain CRANKY! His eyes were swollen most of the day from crying so much. I managed to get him and his sister a haircut and met Brian for lunch at Chick-fil-A where all we could get him to eat was a cup of fruit. After lunch, we went home and he went to bed (his idea believe it or not?!?!?!). About 3 hours later he emerged from his room saying, "Mommy, I have a surprise: I can walk normal!!" He obviously was feeling better, his temp was down and his overall demeanor was pleasant as compared to earlier. We ended up having a pizza party with our neighbors. They brought cupcakes so that of course made everything better. The three kids were silly with their blue, pink and yellow icing stained faces. Our celebration ended with some time playing with an all time fave around our house: play-dough. Thanks Leah and Anthony for coming over and making Eli feel so special today. This evening Grandmom and Grandad came over bearing gifts and ice cream treats including Eli's fave: "whoop cream" AKA: whip cream. Brian got home from school just before the kids went to bed and I got into the kitchen and started making cookies. Eli wants to take cookies to school tomorrow to share with his friends in celebration of his birthday. The cookies are now done and I'm beat. We are having his actual birthday party Saturday (can you tell we like to draw things out around here?). I think I'll turn in but I didn't want to let the day end before I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIJAH! You are my sweet little miracle!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment