Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

"Total Loss"

Well, we heard from the insurance company today: the "total loss division." Our car...our first car we bought and paid for has bit the dust. It has been declared "totaled" as the cost for repair is too high for what the car is worth. Who would have thought a tree branch could do that much damage!!! The good news is that insurance is covering it and we are getting a check for actually more than we had expected. So, now we can add car shopping to our long list of "to dos." It is a little exciting thinking about the possibilities of what we could get for the money.

This week is my first week on my own without help. I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure it will be fine. I'm actually more worried about Wednesday and Thursday as Brian starts class and will be gone late those nights. It will be me and three kids...yikes! Mom is coming on Thursday and bringing dinner and is going to help out that night so I am looking forward to that: not only for the help, but for the adult conversation as well :) All you moms out there know exactly what I am talking about. An entire day of talking to a 3 and 4 year old, playing make believe, dress up and tending to a newborn can give you overload in the childhood sensory department. I love them to death, but bedtime on those nights is welcomed for nothing short of the mere silence associated with it :) Eli and Ella Kate are at MDO today. It's just me and Noah. I am enjoying spending time with only him. He is sweet and I will cherish these "alone" times for us. Speaking of Noah, I hear him exercising his lungs so I better go get him and feed his hungry tummy!

No comments: