Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

08/08/08-What Were the Odds?!?!?!?!



It's a BOY!!!!

Noah Thomas Duffy

7 lbs. 6 oz.

19 1/2 inches

Born August 8th, 2008 at 1:12 p.m.


Well, it all began at my hair appt. on Thursday. My wonderful hairstylist, Shannon, asked me if I had time for a massage before my Ob checkup on Thursday. I did, and so she said she wanted me to have one on her (my baby gift). She owns her own salon and has a massage therapist there. Well, she told the massage therapist to put me into labor. This massage therapist said there were pressure points that had been known to produce contractions so since I was so far along and already dilating, she'd do her best :) When she finished (and it was wonderful by the way), she said, ok in 5-9 hours you should go into labor. I left very excited and went to my appt where I learned I was 3 cm. dilated and 80% effaced!!!!! YAY!! I was on my way. I had been contracting all week irregularly. They watched me for a while on the monitor at the office because of all the contractions I was having and nothing too impressive was going on right then, so I went on home. Well, about 2 am Friday morning, the contractions began: every 10 minutes...then every 7...then every 5. I let the 5 min ute contractions go for about an hour just to make sure they weren't going to stop like the rest of the week. At 5:30 I woke Brian up and said, it's time to go (I think). His mom came over to stay with the kids and we made our way to the hospital.


At the hospital, they took me to triage and watched me for a while. I was having contractions every 5 minutes but they suddenly became irregular between 3-9 minutes so they thought they'd probably end up sending me home. They'd check for any changes in the hour and decide based on that. Well...I dilated another cm to 4 so they said they'd keep me!!!! I was in a room and htey were hooking up my pitocin and breaking my water by 9:20. Once I hit 5 cm, I got that wonderful epidural (that I wish dearly I still had in place-ha). By 12:15 I was 7 cm and within 10 minutes of that, we were ready to have a baby. I had to wait on the doctor to get back to the hospital so we waited a good 20-30 minutes before things could happen...that was hard!!! At 1:12 pm Brian was announcing "It's a boy!" Some people have asked me if it was worth the wait for that one moment and I will say it was so very special for the two of us not knowing until then and Brian getting to say it. With that being said, we will probably never do it again :) It was fun but so very hard. I am glad I can say though that I have experinced it both ways!!!!!


Noah is absolutely wonderful. He is an easy going, relaxed child, a great eater, a great sleeper, and a perfect cuddler!! The kids love him to death and can't seem to get enough of him! It's going to be alot of fun. Enjoy the pictures-I'm sure we'll have much to tell in the coming weeks!


2 comments:

Ashley & Stephen Bauch said...

Oh Candice, he is just beautiful!!! In one of the pictures he looks so much like you. I was about to go to bed, but had to check your blog. Thought maybe the baby had come since you hadn't posted since last week. Makes me ready for my next one!

He is so so sweet. Please let me know if I can do anything for you-run errands, whatever. Jack starts preschool tomorrow 5 days a week and I'll just have the girls.

Congrats again.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

So so so sweet!!!!!

You look AMAZING and I am so happy for ya'll!