Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Strawberry Pickin'

Today, we got together with a friend of Eli's from school and went strawberry picking. There is a strawberry field at the Agricenter just off Walnut Grove. I thought it would be something fun and different for the kids to do. Ella Kate had a great time, Eli however only had the Playground of Dreams on his mind (which was our next destination) so if you ask him, he had a HORRIBLE time-LOL :) He still picked his fair share of strawberries and was a bit overjoyed when he would find a perfectly ripe one just waiting on him to pluck it from the vine. And OH MY GOODNESS!!! Are they ever good!!!! They just melt in your mouth! They are super sweet just as they are-no sugar necessary. Both the kids picked about a half gallon bucket full and it cost $10 total. It's $1.89/lb. if you pick it yourself. I didn't think that was too bad considering how many strawberries we got. It definitely beats what's in the grocery right now by a long shot!! It was a fun little outing with the kids and I'm seriously thinking about going back tomorrow and getting more. It was definitely a workout. I had Noah in a sling on my hip and I was constantly going up and down, up and down helping Ella Kate differentiate between "really ripe" and "still too green." By the time we left, my thighs were feeling the burn! I linked the website info about strawberry picking so if you are interested, just click on the title of this blog entry. Enjoy our strawberry pickin' pics!


Eli and his friend Haley Grace showing off their bucketfuls.

No comments: