Today I have found myself thinking alot about being a woman...a wife...a daughter...a child of God...a sister...a friend...a steward...a server. The list goes on and on. But mostly I've thought about being a mother. I have recently begun a study on Esther (by Beth Moore). One of the points today was that Esther was an orphan. Both her Mother and Father had been taken from her (died) early on in her childhood. She wanted to drive home the point that Esther had no mother. Can you imagine growing up with no mother? What an incredible loss and yet God chose her with her tragic past to do his good work... his destiny for her.
All this "she had no mother" talk got me thinking...I HAVE A MOTHER...THANK YOU GOD I HAVE A MOTHER!!!! Mothers are supposed to be there...to walk you to school on your first day, to kiss the boo boos, to teach you how to put on make up, to tell you you are beautiful no matter what those other girls say, to encourage you to find your self worth in Christ alone, to tell you there are more fish in the sea :), to fan you when you are sweating to death during a summer pregnancy, to sit with your baby while you sleep after working all night, to appropriately serve in any capacity possible when your life seems to be turned upside down temporarily. Those are just the things mothers do...or at least my mother does. Sometimes a girl just needs her mom and not at the expense of sounding ungrateful for the gift of our husbands. Have I stopped and thought about that? I HAVE A MOTHER!!! What a blessing. What a treasure. And the best part of all is that I have a Proverbs 31 mother. My mother is precious, trustworthy, kind, joyfully goes the extra mile, disciplined, a good steward, energetic, diligent, compassionate, generous, elegant, influential, wise, a good manager of her home, praiseworthy, distinguished, God fearing and honored.
Mom, I know I have never told you to the extent I should how beautiful you are. Yes, I appreciate all the wonderful "things" you are for me when I need it, but more importantly I appreciate just who you are. It is an example I pray I live up to. You are an amazing woman and I pray that someday my children will rise up and call me blessed. I have alot to learn in my days ahead. You are blessed mom and I love you.
Thank you God, I have a mother!!!!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
What wonderful thoughts and feelings....just wanted to share with you that I am also doing the Esther study...and loving it. Linda
Post a Comment