So today was the next step in the process of applying to Westminster. Eli had to go for a mock kindergarten day this morning for about an hour and a half. I was so excited (and nervous) for him. He was pretty excited himself! It was a time for them to get to know him and see where he was developmentally, emotionally, socially, etc. He walked right on in and I got to wait on him in the Library. I had Ella Kate and Noah with me. I was worried about how it would be with the other two, but they did great. Ella Kate read books and ate alot of fruit...and doughnut holes provided by the school. She also got to play with another little girl who was waiting on her big brother. Noah was content to sit in his stroller and watch and smile. Man, he is such a happy, easy baby! How did I get so lucky!?!?!
When I picked Eli up, I asked him tell me all about the day. He was eager to share! He got to identify letters, numbers, write his name, count (to 90 all by himself-according to him), listen to a story and then tell the teachers about the story, color, cut, and glue pictures, sing a song, and he says he even read "little words, but not the long ones." We've been working with him on reading. He knows all the sounds letters make so we've encouraged him to sound them out until he can read the word. He's doing it and it is amazing to watch! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall and see just how he did, how he interacted with the other boys and girls and the teachers. We should be hearing back from the school in the next couple of weeks. This is such an exciting time for us! It's crazy to think that my little boy is old enough to be starting school. Where did that baby of mine go?!?! I blinked and he grew up at some point in the last five years. He is now a little man with a bubbling curiosity for the world and oh how I want him to experience it all!! I love you, Eli!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment