CHRISTMAS CHEER
Well, things are holding up here. The kids are much better. Eli is very well. Ella Kate is still on augmentin until Tuesday (a 10 day course) and her ear drops...and breathing treatments. Sounds like alot! She is happy and playful and nobody even has as much as a runny nose...EXCEPT FOR ME!!!! Usually, I am able to steer clear of their bugs but not this time. I saw the doctor Tuesday and she gave me a prescription for augmentin as well but asked me to wait three more days to see if it would turn around on it's own. Well, after 3 days of no sleep, constant coughing and total miserableness (is that a word?), I filled my antibiotic and hopefully will be healthy again soon! I just hope we all make it through Christmas being well!!!
Speaking of Christmas...everybody say YAHOOOOOOOO for Candice for finishing ALL her Christmas shopping! As of today, I am completely done...just a little more wrapping to do. I will be sitting at home enjoying the relaxed atmosphere of the season while numerous others are out in the madness swiping those last few gifts off the shelves.
Anybody know how to get BALMEX out of furniture fabric? I understand now why people wait until their kids are grown to buy nice things. Our poor sofa has really been through it. It has endured the harsh treatment from baby spit up, vomit, poop (most recently Ella Kate had a blow out-quite major-from the antibiotic she's on-it was all over her, Brian, and our sofa) and now...BALMEX (diaper cream). To have gone through all that you'd think our sofa would look alot worse, but it's not awful. I've managed to get it clean with a little laundry detergent and clorox 2. That balmex though it so greasy and thick. You are probably wondering...how did balmex get on the sofa? Well, today I was dozing on the sofa while the kids played seeing as I didn't get much sleep last night from all the coughing. I awoke to Eli saying "No No Ella Kate, that's not good." He's very good at letting his sister (and me) know when Ella Kate is up to no good. (ie: most recently she got a hold of my glasses. He knew she shouldn't have them so he tried to pull them out of her hands...all the tugging caused the earpieces to bend. They looked like the kind of glasses you hold up at the opera. Fortunately they were fixable and for free!!) Anyway, back to the balmex. Apparently, Ella Kate squirted out (just inches from me) balmex in several little places all over the couch. One day, I'll look back and laugh, right? As of now, I'm tired and a little frustrated, but it'll come out...later...not right this instant...I'm just too tired. I better go get stuff done before they wake up from their naps!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
Hi Candice.
I am so sorry about your couch. I just asked mom (we are spending Christmas here, mom and dad are visiting) about the Balmex and she suggested trying a bit of shortening on a corner. A lot of time grease takes away grease so it is worth a try.
Good Luck!
Love ya!
Carmen
Post a Comment