Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 08, 2006

And The Gift Goes On

...and on, and on, and on....I remember this Christmas song from my childhood...Sandi Patti I think? But today it is in reference to (who else) my children. And the gift? GERMS!!! Eli was sick last weekend with a fever and he so graciously passed it on to his sister. Tuesday night I was up with her all night. Her fever got up to almost 105!!! Poor thing...she was miserable. I even ice packed her when the motrin and tylenol didn't seem to help and she didn't even care. Her temperature finally broke around 2 am and she hasn't had a fever since. Although, yesterday she started draining GREEN (a nice antifreeze neon color) out of her eyes. I called the doctor and they saw her yesterday afternoon. Her PE tubes were blocked so the drainage had pretty much nowhere to go. She ended up getting a rocephin shot to jump start her recovery and we will begin augmentin tonight. We are also doing her antibiotic ear drops in both ears. She took a nap after her shot yesterday and when she woke up her eyes were almost swollen shut. I don't think I've ever seen her look so pitiful! All she wanted to do was cuddle and I ate it up! Today she is much better...no more drainage from the eyes and she acts like she feels a little better. She's not eating well at all but she's drinking, so I guess that's good. Everyone is down for a nap right now so I think I'll take advantage of that too.

No comments: