Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Orange Beach -Day 3

Today didn't go as planned, but I am able to be thankful despite the set back. Noah started running a fever of 102 yesterday. He started showing some of his tell tale signs that he indeed had an ear infection. I called his peds office back home this morning in hopes that because of his history (4 ear infections in the last 4 months) she would just call me in an antibiotic and have me come in as soon as we get back. He's most likely headed to the ENT anyway for tubes soon. I called and they wouldn't give an antibiotic without seeing the patient. The nurse in me knows that it's protocol to never diagnose without seeing a child, but the mommy in me said, "Come on!" You know this is what it is!" So, the next step was to find a local urgent care center. I went to three different places before I found a place that would 1: take our insurance and 2: see someone as young as Noah. I ended up at Gulf Shores Urgent Care. It took a while, but we were seen and everyone there was very helpful. We got in, seen, diagnosed (with a bilateral ear infection) and records faxed back to our Memphis office without any problems. We left and went to the pharmacy to fill his prescription. We didn't get back to the condo until 12:15. Half the day was gone...However, as I look back, I am so very thankful for several things. I am so glad that we have insurance! I can't imagine being out of town and having to take my child somewhere and pay out of pocket. All it cost me was a measly little $10 copay. The medicine was more expensive, but I am thankful to have access to medicine. I know it will make Noah feel so much better soon and that puts my mind at ease. Mostly, I am thankful for a happy, easy going baby who despite the circumstances always seems to go with the flow. I know he didn't feel good since his temp was up and he kept rubbing at his ears, but he still flashed all the staff at the urgent care his sweet little smile. I am thankful for a happy, easy going baby.

After we got back, we all had lunch. Then we enjoyed an afternoon at the beach...finally! :)


Ella Kate making sand angels

No comments: