Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

Can You Pray For Me?

I think as christian moms we all desire one thing for our children: that they come to a point in their lives where they see truth in the person of Jesus Christ and fall in love with him. I haven't yet experienced this with my own children, but I pray the day is coming that I do. However, I do revel in the little things that clue me in on the fact that my children are "in tune" with the lifestyle of a believer. As believers, we speak differently, we think differently, we act differently. We trust, love, give, and seek growth. Today we were in the car and Ella Kate pipes up with "Mommy, can you pray for me?" It was a proud moment for me. I try and teach my children that prayer is the most important part of my relationship with Christ. They know it's how mommy talks to God and they know that God listens and cares deeply because we tell them so. They have seen prayer answered and we tend to make a big deal out of that so that they can see how big our God is. We are also teaching them that God knows best and sometimes we don't get answered prayers in the way or timing we would like...that one is a little more difficult but they are learning (heck, I'm still learning that one). So anyway, when Ella Kate asked me to pray for her I was so excited that her brain was focusing in this direction. She knows mommy prays for her and delights in doing so. I said, "sure sweetie! What would you like me to pray for you?"

"Can you pray that Santa will bring me more toys?"
Hmmm....maybe I need to work a little harder....

No comments: