Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We Love Being The "Minority"

I am beginning to think it is "bad luck" for a doctor to tell us the things that rarely or never happen in a given situation. It is becoming evident to me that my children, once that statement is made, will find themselves in that category. Let's think back...Eli: had sinus surgery at 2 yrs of age because of a freak, malformed sinus cavity that was causing chronic sinus infections; Ella-has fallen into the 5% of patients who require more than one set of tubes...she's on her third set and continues to battle wheezing/asthma symptoms. And now there's Noah: "I've never had a patient get an infection after a tear duct probing." This is our latest. This morning I was really concerned about Noah's eye. It just looked bad. Call it a mother's intuition or be it that I have a medical background and just know when something is not right. Either way...I'm thankful for it because I got Noah in to see the doctor today and it turns out it is probably infected. The opthamologist was great. She switched the antibiotic eye drops he was on to a different one (in case there was an allergic reaction occurring) and also put him on an oral antibiotic. So...as usual, we get things done...but the hard way when it comes to all things medical. God knew what he was doing when He chose my career. It's been a rough ride medically speaking, but I am glad I am equipped to handle everything that we have faced thusfar. Hopefully, in a few days, things will be looking better-ha-no pun intended.

No comments: