So, do any other parents out there dread dinner time or is it just me? Personally, I love dinner, but for my kids, it's the time of day they like to whine, complain, cry, and/or cover their eyes just knowing the food before them will disappear in a flash. I look forward to the day when we can all sit down together and enjoy a nice meal without feeding them forkful by forkful over an hour plus time frame. This was our dinner experience tonight:
Mommy: "Come on guys, it's dinner time."
Eli and Ella Kate: "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH (a very disgusted sound)...is that what we are eating?" (tears beginning to form and drama oozing forth from the girly girl)
Mommy: "Yes it is."
Ella Kate: (She gets her nose right up to the food and smells it then says) "Hmmm, let's eat cake instead."
Mommy: "You can have cake once you eat your dinner."
Eli: "I really don't think I like this."
Mommy: "You haven't even tried it yet."
Eli: "I already know and you can forget it."
This type of conversation continues until they have FINALLY eaten their dinner. Eli even admitted, "hey, this stuff is pretty good!" It's amazing I manage to eat my own dinner in the process. Picky toddlers/preschoolers are most likely part of the journey down motherhood lane, but it's a road I wouldn't mind detouring, for sure!
Car update: We are the proud new owners of a Honda Pilot. We will have it in our garage tomorrow, so I'll try and post pics soon. It's pretty sweet and the funny thing is, it's the car we wanted when we purchased the accord (that was just totaled). The Pilots had just come out and were a bit out of our price range at that time. Funny how God works our "disasters" out to be "bigger and better." Even though we were just looking for a small car that would do the job of getting us to and from work, God blessed us with another family car.
Noah news: He is absolutely wonderful! I think we are making correction headway on those mixed up days and nights. He is doing much better at going back to sleep at night and for that I am so thankful! I know people have been praying for that and it's encouraging to see God answer those prayers. I am so glad that God cares that I get more than 2 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period! Here are some new pics of our little man...Enjoy!







3 comments:
Beautiful pictures! One of the girls who posts on my xanga (Addie) just posted about her 4 year old son who won't eat dinner. Some nights Malcolm doesn't want to eat much and I don't push it. But I also don't cook anything else. Last night he said he was hungry at bath time and I told him he didn't eat his dinner and now it was time to get ready for bed. He never mentioned it again and slept all night so I know he wasn't that hungry. I'm afraid I'm hovering near the entrance of the road you are already traveling as far as dinner goes. He used to eat everything in front of him.
Good luck and I'll keep praying for you. (Sorry about the super long post.) :)
Those are awesome pictures! I love baby feet!
My mom sent me the link to this post because she (for some crazy reason) thought I might be able to relate!! I could've written almost the exact same thing six months ago, or maybe even 3 months ago...I'm almost afraid to say that our's have gotten a little better lately--I don't want to jinx it!! They've actually all been eating green vegetables without complaining lately. I hope dinner gets less stressful for you soon (and stays that way for me!)! :)
Post a Comment