MULTITASKING FOR THE ADVANCED STUDENT
I've always thought of myself as a pretty good multitasker. It just came rather easily. Well, today I got a lesson in multitasking..."for the advanced student." I needed to go to the doctor this morning unexpectedly. By the time the nurse returned my call, it was 10:45 and had just been one of those days when everyone was still in their pajamas. She said I could come in that afternoon to which I kindly told her that was "nap time" which was pretty sacred around this house. She then said, well if you come now we can see you. NOW??? So thus began the lesson in multitasking for the advanced student...
I somehow managed to get everyone dressed and to the doctor's office, pee in a cup (with three curious onlookers as to why mommy was peeing in a cup and not in the potty), nurse a hungry baby, change two dirty diapers, and take two kids to the bathroom (at seperate times of course because apparently that is a requirement for passing the course). We then left, dropped off my prescription, picked up lunch, ate it just in time to swing by and pick up my prescription and get back home for nap time. Whew!!! I'm sure life will (sooner than I'd like) send me through a crash course again but for today, class is over and I'm gonna revel in the fact that I passed.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







3 comments:
I'm tired just hearing about it. Hope you are feeling better and congrats on really being mother of the year for pulling that one off. Seriously, I think you deserve a reward.:)
Goodness... that made me tired to read! Hope you're already on the road to recovery. :) What have we gotten ourselves into with all these children? :)
Hope to see you next week at community group if I'm able to waddle on over without any Braxton Hicks. Miss seeing you guys!
You get the mother of the year award in my opinion! I really have no idea what it's like to have to do all of that, and I hope I don't any time soon because I know I would fail....miserably. How do you stay calm in all of that?? ha. I probably would have had a coronary by the time it was all said and done....hats off to ya, my lady...
Post a Comment