Well, it's official. I've hit that milestone in life when being a "spring chicken" is behind me. Ha Ha...yes today I am the big 3-0!!!! I said goodbye to my 20's last night before turning in for a few hours and when I was up feeding Noah at 4:30 this morning, it hit me...I'M 30!!! I've almost doubled my age since high school. I've been driving for 15 years!!! I've been married long enough that I need a new set of kitchen knives! All my cookie sheets have that "well used" look I remember my mom's having when I was little (not that that meant you were old, mom-LOL). All these things remind me that I am no longer a "spring chicken." I definitely won't say I'm getting "old" either. Mildly experienced and beautifully aged sound more pleasant :)
If my life now is what comes with being 30, I'll keep it! I have a husband who loves me more now than when I was a spring chicken. I have been blessed with massive amounts of responsibility in three precious children. I have deepened family relationships and friends who mean the world to me. I have experienced many joys and many sadnesses in life. I have seen God's hand orchestrate wonders. I have learned the extreme power that comes with prayer. I have questioned God and his ways at times and he has loved me faithfully in return. I have learned my strengths and weaknesses and am willing to face the latter as opposed to my spring chicken days. Instead of waking up every morning and racing through the day, I have come to understand (through those even more beautifully aged than me) the pure enjoyment of every moment I am blessed with. Slow down...relish in happiness...find a heart of complete gratitude no matter where I find myself that day.
Life is a vapor. This world is not forever. And to think...if I can sit down and type out these few things that I enjoy about my life now...and I'm ONLY 30...Can you imagine how wonderful eternity will be? There will be innumerable things to enjoy: people (relatives who have gone before us as well as people like David, Abraham and Esther who we've talked about since preschool), streets made out of gold (that don't have potholes or misplaced nails or that stinky skunk roadkill), complete separation from sin, total acceptance and an overwhelming compassion for others, happiness that lasts always! I think about how good I feel when laughter completely takes over me-eternity with Christ is going to cause me to feel more than that! And then there is being with Christ himself. The one who gave himself for me so that I could have the experiences that come with an eternity spent with him. These 30 years of mine have passed by so quickly, but the next 30 seem like an eternity away when I think about how much longer until I get to be with the one who loves me most.
So, 30 is not so bad. I am actually looking forward to the next 30 and what it brings. And anyway, being an adult does have it's advantages...I get to eat cookies in bed!
So, enough with the birthday. I know you are all really wanting to see more pictures :) Well, here they are...







3 comments:
Candice
You have such beautiful children. The pictures are so adorable. And yes, God has blessed us all so much, hasn't He? It is wonderful to sit and reflect on what we have experienced. And who knows what the future holds. Happy Birthday and many many more!
Hey, I want that last picture of Ella in the tree. She looks too old though!!! When did she grow out of that cute, toddler stage? Now she is a cute little girl. You can send the one of her and the one of Noah smiling to Walmart for me to pick up:)
Come to think of it, how did you get to be so old?!?! When I think of how old you are, it makes me feel really old!! But more than that, I feel really blessed! You are a wonderful daughter, a loving wife, a more than terrific mother, and a devoted follower of God. How could I ask for anything more? God has been so faithful...so giving...so very good...abundantly above all I could ever ask or think. What a God we serve!
Happy Birthday (stretch it out for a few days...enjoy it). I love you...Mom
Happy, Happy Birthday, Candice!
Post a Comment