Opportunity Unveiled
If you read my earlier post a week ago, I spoke about getting a fortune cookie that predicted "next Monday would bring opportunity." I jokingly stated that it was going to be the day our newest little one was born. Well, here it is...10:00 pm on "next Monday" and our little one is still nestled up tight and not giving me any signs that he/she is ready to enter this world yet :) So, I guess "opportunity" past me by...or did it?
As I thought about this crazy "fortune" today, I smiled as I realized just how much opporutiny I had been given today. I came home from a wonderful job to a husband and children who love me and were so very excited to see me and bombard me with hugs and kisses. I saw my kids leave for school (MDO) and was thankful I had in-laws who came by every Monday to do this act of kindness for me so I could sleep a little longer after a long night at work. I had opportunity to be thankful for family...family who constantly tell us of their love for us and their devotion to prayers lifted up just for us. I had opportunity to relish in my children and their joys. I had opportunity to spend time over dinner with my loving husband and two beautiful children, listening to their days...their ups...their downs. It sounds so simple, but it was opportunity none the less that I take for granted so often. Things could be so very different...
It brings me to my most important "opportunity." I read (in a span of just over 24 hours) a book entitled Redeeming Love. It is a book by christian author Francine Rivers and dare I say, I have never in my life read a book so good!!! It brought to the forefront of my mind my life...my emptiness...my need for fulfillment...the fact that nothing...none of those things I mentioned above can give to me or fill me like Christ and He alone is capable of. The story is powerful. It beautifully lays out a perfect picture of Christ's patient persual of us. No matter what we've done or where we've been or how unworthy we think we are: none of it matters to Him. His only desire is that we come, we trust and we relish in his undying love for us...so pure...so perfect...so fulfilling...and are changed as a result.
Opportunity...I did experience it today: in a way I didn't quite expect. I was reminded of whose child I am and how powerful that is. How there are no words to describe the perfect relationship it is and can be, no matter how many times I neglect to talk to Him holding all my cares and concerns inside, neglect to confide in Him, turn my back on Him or think I can handle things on my own. He knows it all already and there is always opportunity to go running into the arms of the One who will love me unconditionally giving all of those aforementioned things entirely to Him. I will always be worthy of His love...His amazing, perfect, fulfilling love. There is always opportunity whether it is "next Monday" or every day before and after that.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







5 comments:
I did think about you and your "fortune cookie" last night and lifted up a prayer for you just in case you really did find yourself in L&D today. I'm glad you found some great "opportunity" and relished in your blessings. May your "new" blessing arrive safely and easily when the time is right.
Isn't that just like God...to take something so "not Him" (like a fortune cookie) and bring us around to see Him. He never quits pursuing us, and He even uses weird things to get our attention and remind us of His love for us. I am so thankful for His everlasting faithfulness.
Granna
How the heck did you read Redeeming Love in 24 hours???? You are a speed reader!
I am still hoping for 8/8/08. So he needs to "cook" a little longer.
LOL-Shannon!!!! It's that good a book!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment