"BUBBLES AND HUKY HUKS" (pronounced "hoooooky hooooks")
We have had some really beautiful days lately and we have been spending them all outside. It's for the most part been in the mid 70's-low 80's so we've literally spent HOURS playing and enjoying the great outdoors. It's such a welcomed thing since those dreadful winter months!
I think I'm nesting :) This is a joke in our family because I have never ever nested. Most women those last few weeks start cleaning out closets, organizing spice racks, scrubbing the grout on the tile floor (you get the picture). Not me...I've just sat around until it was time to deliver. Then about 2 years later I find myself doing all those weird things that I was supposed to be doing the days to weeks leading up to the delivery :) Well, I am nesting at 26 weeks pregnant :) Only my nesting is taking place in the yard.I was too embarrassed to post pictures of the before, although I'm thinking I should have so you could admire my work as much as I have been :) We have 3 beds in our back yard that were completely overgrown with weeds. You think I'm exaggerating...ask my neighbor...it was atrocious!!! You couldn't even see the flowers or the dirt for the weeds and grass!!! Well, I got out there and in one afternoon (very bad idea when you are pregnant-I paid for it later) weeded all three flower beds. I couldn't believe how much better they looked just after that!!!! We lost a few plants because of our neglect, but most everything survived. I went to Lowe's and got a few plants for the kids to help with (they were very excited about that) and today I went to a nearby nursery and picked up some knock out roses (going out in the front bed), mandavilla (to plant near the fence to climb), and a few ground covering plants (to fill in holes along the front of my back flower bed). Brian and I began planting this evening and got the roses in the ground. Tomorrow I'll work on the other things and post pictures of it once I'm done.
Here is the kid's project. They planted them and Eli LOVES to water. He has tended to his plant extremely well :)
I had this barrel from last year but everything in it had died...this is the day I planted it. You should see it now...it has taken off in just a week and is really filling out and looking gorgeous!
Fun with Daddy on the swingset. We officially packed up the baby swing (until next summer when we'll have a "baby" to put in it) and pulled out the second "big kid swing." The kids were so excited screaming "higher daddy!"

Here are some videos of Eli and Ella Kate having fun in the yard. We had been to Target and of course they wanted a toy. I took them to the outside toy aisle and said they could pick something from there. Eli picked out a bubble gun and Ella Kate got a hula hoop (known to her as a "huky huk").







No comments:
Post a Comment