Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Beauty of The "To Do List"

So I found myself making a to do list this week because it didn't take long for me to become totally overwhelmed by the tasks that lay ahead of me this week. We are planning Noah's 1st birthday party for this Saturday, so there's the grocery shopping for party items, the making of the food, the birthday outfit, the gifts, the cake, the "smash" cake, and then all the other things I've enjoyed cramming into my already chaotic life like sewing contests. There's also normal household chores that never seem to end to add to the list. Oh yeah, and those other things that sneak up on you like hair appointments and friend's birthday parties. I must admit, I LOVE to do lists. There's something about checking off the things I've done that is exhilarating to me. It's like my own personal little audience is clapping and cheering me on as I accomplish goal after goal. And I'll let you in on a little oddity: I find myself writing things on my to do list that I've already done...just to get the high of marking it off :) Here is my list that is attached to the front of my fridge:


I'm happy to report that I have kept up with things so far. Granted, it looks like most of the work is going to take place over Friday and Saturday, but it's mostly food prep. That's ok....one year birthdays only come around once and my little man is worth it-especially when I can stay sane through it all with my little to do list!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I'm really excited about the "make ice cream" item. Make sure that gets checked off the list! Lauren

Liz Freeman said...

Your love of lists is genetic :)

Liz Freeman said...

I noticed making my list for today that I like to put really obvious stuff on there like instead of "Wash the sheets" I say
* Take sheets off of the bed
* Put the sheets in the washer
* Start the washer
* Put the sheets in the dryer
* Put the sheets on the bed
* Make the bed

So instead of just one check I get to do 6! :)

Candice Duffy said...

LOL :) That's awesome, Liz!!