
I went to college at Mississippi University for Women. While I was there, I made some fabulous friends! These girls were my best friends during this time, and I absolutely love getting to reconnect with them now. The thing about the "W" is it's a place that thrives off of tradition. A little group named Maskers fell under that category and I spent 2 wonderful years playing the washboard and singing for various occassions. I found myself part of a long line of girls who had come before me doing the same thing and enjoying life and our time together at the "W."

Yep...that's me.

And yep...that's my daughter!!!
We went to the Memphis Botanic Gardens today and as we were making our way through all the fun areas, I captured a moment! I turned around and saw my daughter strumming away on a washboard! Who knows, maybe years down the road, she'll carry on a tradition her mommy took part in. Maybe not...but she does make quite a cute little #10!
2 comments:
oh my goodness this is the best picture and I love that your Masker pictures are in black and white! So cute.
She looks like a pro!
Post a Comment