Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another "First"

There's a first time for everything and as a mom, you have alot of those moments: first born, first bath, first tooth, first step, first haircut, etc. Being that I am a mom of three...soon to be four, experiencing those "firsts" seemed to have come and gone until today. I sent a child off to Kindergarten for the first time. It's hard to believe that almost 6 years have past since I had that first moment of holding my sweet little boy, my firstborn, in my arms. It seems like a lifetime ago that I heard him cry his first cry or saw him smile his first gummy grin. But at the same time it only seems like yesterday. How is that?!?! Ever since October 8th, 2003, my life has been drastically different...more than I could have ever asked or imagined, and for that I am beyond thankful.

Eli's teacher had given him a package of glitter confetti to "sprinkle" under his pillow. According to the poem, the confetti would help him fall asleep fast and have a restful night's sleep so he would be ready to have a great first day at school. Now, call me what you will, but I just couldn't bring myself to allow glitter confetti to be SPRINKLED under a pillow where all through the night that confetti would find it's way all over his bed, under his bed, and who knows where else. So, Eli got to place the SEALED package under his pillow (and he was just fine with this).

Eli shot up this morning when I went in to get him. The first thing he said as he got dressed was, "Boy, that confetti really worked! I feel super rested!" What a way to start your day :) He got dressed and ate breakfast. I had him ready to go early enough to snap a few pictures before he left at 7:15 with Daddy.


He was super excited about his little "snack box" as you can see in this pic. Being Kindergarten (and 1st grade) are only half days, they don't eat lunch at school, but they do get to have snack time. He had to find the most perfect small box to take...and he did. The top of the box opens separate so you can keep the drink and the snack separate.

We realized the day before school started that if Daddy was going to be taking Eli to school, then he would need a car seat in his car. I would need his regular car seat to pick him up when school was over. Brian brought this booster seat home and Eli was thrilled with it. Ella Kate is as excited about Eli starting as Eli is! I think she might be a little jealous too. She keeps asking when she gets to go to Kindergarten and walks around the house with her backpack on talking alot of "school talk". She had to get up and give brother a goodbye hug and kiss today before he left.


Bye bye, baby!! First time I waved bye to my child as he left for school...and no I didn't cry :)
After Eli left, the rest of us got ready for the MOPS kickoff. This would be the FIRST time I went to MOPS without ALL my babies :) I will say, having one less child to have ready to walk out the door all at the same time made being on time a piece of cake. AND GET THIS...I was EARLY!!!! I got to MOPS at 9:15 and dropped Ella Kate and Noah off. It wasn't long though before I had to go back and get them (early) because we had to be at Eli's school at 11:15. Today, we had to have a teacher meeting and sign up for various volunteer things and the such. I look forward to getting into the groove of school and thoroughly enjoying the carpool line. It is going to be nice not having to unload all the kids to pick Eli up! I'll just get to drive up and he'll hop in the car!
Eli's classroom is a jungle theme. This is Jiffy the Giraffe. The kids like Jiffy very much and yes, he is big enough for the kids to sit on him :)

Here is Eli and his teacher, Mrs. Jones. From the moment we met her, we prayed that she would be his teacher and God answered our prayer. She is just the sweetest lady you will ever meet: one of those people who you meet and go, "yeah, you were MADE for this!" Eli loves her already!
So, it was a good day...and a great first! I am so looking forward to what all this year ahead holds for us. I know there will be many more firsts as we continue on with this family we have been utterly blessed with! I think as we start this school year, this will be my prayer for Eli...
Ephesians 3:14-19
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Dearest Heavenly Father,
Use Westminster and the faculty and staff there in addition to Brian and I to draw Eli to yourself. Make him a new creation who loves you and desires you. And may he KNOW how wide and long and high and deep is your love for him so that he can be filled by you alone. May his life sing your praises early. Amen.

No comments: