"I HATE STUPID PEOPLE"
I have stolen this title from my brother's blog. He recently wrote a bit on how much stupid people tend to annoy him...more specifically his neighbor at the present time. Well, I'm jumping on that train and putting in my own two cents. And the funny part is: both our stories are in regards to our yards.
So this morning I wake up to voices in my back yard. I peek out the window and see someone spraying a green liquid on our yard. I immediately assume it's our newest yard service guy and don't give it another thought...UNTIL...I get in my car to leave the house and see Turfco signs in my yard and on my front door saying that grass application had been done. Why does this fall under the category of stupid people you ask? Well, back in the winter we realized that we had not seen Turfco (our yard service company) or been left any signage saying they had been there done that for quite some time. As spring approached, our yard looked absolutely HORRIBLE. Weeds of every kind popping out of the ground making it quite obvious that somebody hadn't done their job. The problem with this is the cost of this maintenance was being deducted monthly from our checking account automatically. So, basically we were paying for a service we most obviously were not receiving. We got so fed up with trying to correct the problem and get the service we were paying for we cancelled Turfco by letter back in March and got a new very dependable guy who has made our yard beautiful once again. Turfco stopped all automatic payments...never showed up (not that they had been showing up)...end of story...or so I thought. But, today they pop up out of nowhere and spray my yard!!!!!! I called to find out what the HECK was going on and apparently the woman I spoke with told me she saw no evidence that we had cancelled our service. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! I explained (as calmly as a hormonal 8 month pregnant lady could) how we had sent in a letter of cancellation, received confirmation, and they had stopped all automatic payments from our account (not to mention that we hadn't seen Turfco in like 8 or 9 months!!!!!). I assurred her I would not be paying for a service I had not requested. She just apologized and said we would have to fax them a copy of our letter we sent in back in March. Thank goodness my wonderful husband has the paper trail of all that still on his computer to prove our accusations!!! If they give me any more trouble, I'm gonna sick my lawyer friend Rachel on them :)
So anyway, that's my "I hate stupid people" story-moral of the story: Don't do business with Turfco!!!!! And save all paperwork!!!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment