Celebrating Father's Day
Mother's Day...Father's Day...Easter. What do these holidays all have in common? They are ALWAYS on Sunday which is ALWAYS a day I work. It stinks because I don't feel like I am able to really celebrate those days with my family as I'd like to. But it is what it is I guess and we do our best to make them special regardless. This year, Brian got something he has been wanting a long time...a big screen (47" big to be exact) LCD TV. I ended up purchasing it a couple of weeks ago because I felt that he was getting a bit anxious about it and was just going to go out and get it himself. I wanted to get it and surprise him with it so I ended up getting it a bit early. It's a combo gift (father's day, birthday, anniversary...who knows...I might throw Christmas in there for the next 5 years-ha ha). He has really enjoyed it though and I love doing things for him that he really loves. I have my thoughts on how long it's gonna be before I'm hearing "I wanna Wi or a Playstation 3." :) I came in from work Sunday morning and the kids and I gave Brian cards and lots of "happy father's days." Before I went back to work that night, we went for an early dinner all together.
Brian, I love you. Thank you so very much for being the most wonderful father to our children. Thank you for making me a mother. I love our children and I love watching you interact with them and care for them. You are so loving and you give of yourself to them so selflessly. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of them on the weekend. I know our schedule isn't the greatest or most ideal with me working weekends (and we certainly wouldn't choose that), but it is a blessing in disguise. I wouldn't trade being able to stay home with Eli and Ella Kate during the week for the world. You come in from your bread winning work week and start a new work week"end" (one that consists of potty training, feeding, playing, running errands, cleaning, laundry, disciplining-just being "Mr. Mom"). We then trade off when I come in on Mondays from my bread winning work week"end" and we each start our different work weeks all over again. It doesn't leave much time for us, but we make it work and I thank you for that. Our children love you so very much. That is so obvious as you have started back to school and are gone most evenings during the week. They cherish the time they spend with you and always look forward to hearing your car pull into the driveway. It's wonderful I know to hear those sweet little voices scream, "DADDY!!!" when you walk through the door. So, on this Father's Day, know that you are loved and appreciated so very much...much more than words could ever express!
Eli had "lunch with Dad" at school today. Brian got to go to his school and bring him lunch and they ate together in celebration of Father's Day. Eli had made Brian a card that he gave him today at their lunch. This is what it read:
My Dad's name is Daddy.
He is 4 1/2 years old.
My Dad is 10 inches tall and weighs 10/30 pounds.
His favorite sport is chasing cars at Disney World.
My Dad works at my church.
He really likes to stay home and do fun stuff with us and he plays upstairs with me.
I think my dad is really great.
I really love my dad.
Love,
Eli
The underlined phrases are what Eli wrote in. I have to admit although it is quite a funny card, I teared up reading it because it is so sweet and innocent!!!! His hand print was done in paint at the top and seeing it made me think: 1. His hand has gotten so big! and 2. I remembered doing his hand print in plaster when he was around 7 months. I laughed at the memory because I learned then that you only do those things when your child is asleep :) I didn't get a very good hand "print" but rather a permanent hand "grab" as he was grabbing and squeezing the plaster.
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
Hi Candice!
I have loved reading about and seeing pictures of your kids. They are so cute and so funny!! The "going to Disney" video is priceless! I can't believe they are so big. Seems like just yesterday that I was at the Jude and Eli was born! Ella Kate is a doll. Jack just turned 3 too and I find myself wondering how he got so big so fast.
Congrats on the new baby. I wanted to wait to find out as well but when it was twins I HAD to know!! I know he or she will be beautiful! By the way, I love what you bought at Little Lambs. Stephen calls it something along the lines of the "sissy suit store" too.
Anyway, love reading your blog. You have a way of putting into words the exact things I feel about this whole motherhood thing.
Ashley
Post a Comment