Well, in case you haven't noticed, I haven't written an update in quite some time. Things have just been crazy and I have been staying busy! So, I guess I'll get to it:
I mentioned that Rachel has gone back home, well, please pray for all of them. As of today, Abel is back in the hospital with heart rate issues again. His heart rate is dropping into the 60-70's again. Last time it was because of a brain bleed, this time they just aren't sure at this point what is causing it. Good news is that it doesn't look like anything serious, but frustrating that noone can pinpoint the problem. He also is having nausea/vomiting. This has caused a problem with his feeding tube that must be repaired. They were hoping that since radiation was over, they would get to go on home by the end of this week but it looks as if it may be postponed a little longer. Rachel is due with baby #2 at the end of August, but I'm not too sure this baby is willing to wait until then :) She wants more than anything to have her husband by her side, so please pray that this will happen.
***Please pray specifically that Abel will have a cease in his nausea, that his heart rate will stabilize, that the procedure to repair his feeding tube will go smoothly, that Adam and Joyce (Adam's mom) will receive strength to endure from the One who is able to provide it, that they will be able to come home soon, that Rachel will be able to continue to be supportive from home, that baby #2 will stay put until everyone is together, and most importantly, that our Sovereign God will restore Abel...made perfect and whole again! www.caringbridge.com/visit/abeltyson
Isaiah 43:1-2-Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
I Peter 5:10-In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.
Philippians 1: 2-6- May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
These are a few of the verses I left for them recently on their website. They continue to be in the fire, but our God can deliver...He promises us that he cares, that he hears, and that he answers...if we will but ask. Please join me in pressing on, continually praying for Gods mercy and healing hand to touch Abel's life radically!
Well now...moving on....next stop CALIFORNIA!!!!! I went to a conference for work. It was entitled: Palliative Care for the Pediatric Population. (AKA: End of Life Care) And what better place to have to dive into this topic than in the happiest place on earth??? I spent 8 hours a day crying...learning invaluable information....but sobbing :) So at night we did everything Disney. Quite a balance I would say. We had a great time-check out a few pics below...
This giraffe is made totally out of legos...can you see the people in the picture and tell how tall it is???
This was my flight back home. We left the airport at CA and flew over the Pacific before turning around to head home. This is a picture of the coast of CA from my window seat.
A bit of God's beauty from 32,000 feet!
I loved how the sun streamed through the puffy white...our God is amazingly creative!






1 comment:
I've been reading Adam and Rachel's journals periodically and I think about them a lot. It really puts everything into perspective. I do pray for healing for Abel and for a healthy new baby and strength for Adam and Rachel although I have never met any of them. From reading your blog entries, I am sure God put you in the right place at the right time just for them. BTW, the trip to CA looked cool.
Post a Comment