Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"My Mommy My Valentine: A Portrait by Elijah Cade Duffy"
Here's a Close up-According to him, that's apparently my belly button underneath my mouth. I think I look more like a California Raisin, but he was so proud...and so am I! I haven't had a shower yet, so I guess he thinks I'm having a bad hair day :)

Our Valentines Day started off with heart shaped muffins that we got to eat off valentine paper plates. The kids both got a Disney cup (Eli got his fav-Woody from Toy Story and Ella Kate got her fav-"puppies": Lady and the Tramp) filled with their favorite candy-M&M's. And yes, they got to eat some for breakfast (I'm a sucker). Eli also got "Bullseye" the horse from Toy Story 2 so he has spent the majority of the morning riding Woody around the house on his new horse.

As we were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast, I opened the blinds and low and behold-it was SNOWING! It was, afterall, 27 freezing cold degrees outside according to our thermometer! Eli sat there surrounded by heart shaped muffins, M&M's, his favorite Cowboy superhero and sidekick and looked out the window and said "Mommy, this is such a great Valentines Day!" It takes so little at this point in his life to make his heart soar. I feel ten feet tall when he looks at me and says "You're the best, Mommy!" My heart melts when I see him run up to his daddy and say "Those are the coolest Valentine presents ever, thank you!" Life is good and today I love my family. Tomorrow, when Valentines is but a memory until February 14th of next year, I will love my family. And years from now, when my children are grown and out on their own, I will wake up on Valentines clinging to sweet, sweet memories of M&M's, heart shaped muffins, and innocent children telling me how special I am in their own way: and I will love my family! "Every good and perfect gift is from above." God has blessed my life with two special little valentines (and one big one-smile) and I am so very thankful!

Kisses to All!!!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Heart shaped muffins? Valentine's plates? M&Ms? Valentine's presents? Eli's right, you are the coolest mom I know.