Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 08, 2006

WHERE TO BEGIN????

I have been a bad, bad blogger...So sorry it's been so long since I have updated but this week has been C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!! I guess I'll just start at the beginning.

MONDAY- We got the kids off to school with Sharon (Brian's mom). Brian got in his car to head to work and all you hear is the sound of a 15 year old car breathing it's last...great!!! Well, he decided to take my car and leave work early in order to pick up the kids from school. We had the car towed to the mechanic.

TUESDAY-Brian was able to get a ride to work with his grandad. I got the kids up and went to our Tuesday morning Bible Study and came home to a message from work saying they could use me from 3-7 instead of 7-11. Mom came over to watch the kids and I went off to work. It worked out well because Brian stayed at work to make up for coming in late. I picked him up on my way home. The mechanics weren't able to get to our car today because they only had one mechanic in that day due to sickness.

WEDNESDAY- Brian took his grandparents car for the day (thank goodness) cause I had to have Eli at the dentist at 9:00. Good check up, but we found out that Ella Kate has too much gum tissue between her two front teeth (hence the gap) and it will have to be removed around the age of 8 to allow room for her permanent teeth to come together...oh well...I guess I have 6 1/2 years before I have to cross that bridge! I then dropped our tandem stroller (that we don't use anymore since getting our side by side) off to a friend who just had a baby. We then headed to Southaven, MS to help out another friend for the day. She has a 4 month old and is like all new 1st time moms: overwhelmed. My grandmother and I cleaned her house and made her dinner and believe it or not the kids did great! We then headed home for a much needed NAP! We got word that afternoon that Brian's car had gone to the big junkyard in the sky. It was going to need a new engine. We called some company from Arkasas to come haul it away and we got a whole whoppong $100 for it! That night we had community group (our church small group). We got home late of course...skipped the baths and put the kids (and ourselves) straight to bed!

THURSDAY- The kids went to Mother's Day Out. Brian rode into work again with his grandad. I had a doctor's appt. and then went to the Y to work out. Then I went home and tidied up a bit, threw a load in the wash, and accomplished a few more semi-productive things before having to go pick up the kids from school. Brian got a ride home with a coworker and we picked him up at his coworker's apt. We then headed straight to THE OLIVE GARDEN for Eli's family birthday dinner. We had alot of fun just being with everyone. We missed those of you who are out of town and not able to come. We had a huge party of 25!!! The servers were ready for us and WONDERFUL! Eli was quite spoiled being the birthday boy and was quite excited to tell EVERYONE he was turning 3!!! He got to pass out all the mints at the end of the meal to everyone and he stood up in Ella's highchair and told everyone, "THANKS FOR COMING TO MY PARTY!" You are probably wondering why Ella wasn't in her chair? SHE'S WALKING-OF HER OWN FREE WILL!!! NO MORE CRAWLING!!!! Now that she has begun walking...it's all she does!!! Again...home...QUICK bath seeing as they didn't have one the night before and we all hit the sack!!!!

FRIDAY- We were Brian's transportation this morning (YUCK). We woke the kids up at 7:00 (ever heard the phrase-don't wake a sleeping baby?) We changed diapers, gave then both a cup of milk and put them (in their jammies) in the car and took Brian to work...which took 45 minutes!!!! We were able to get home in 20 minutes seeing as all the rush hour traffice was going into the city....thank goodness cause I had to meet my physical trainer (birthday present from brian-three more to go!)at 9:00 and it was at this point 8:20. I threw clothes on the kids and gave them both a breakfast bar and threw them back into the car but not before I changed shorts since I had obviously not looked at what I put on before taking Brian to work...I TOTALLY DIDN'T MATCH! We got to the Y at 9:00 straight up and I got in a good work out. We then headed HOME where we stayed the rest of the day until 3:30 when the kids woke up from their nap. The mistletoe merchant was going on at the agricenter so we loaded up and met my mother-in-law there and did some shopping!!! I got Ella Kate some shoes. They are called "pipsqueaks"-and for a reason I might add :) I figured it was just a cute name, but OH NO!!! I got Ella Kate home and tried them on her only to find out that every step she took-SQUEAKED!!!! Hence the name "pipsqueaks." THANKFULLY, I found those squeaker thingies and pulled them out of the sole (they came out quite easily). The person who made those shoes was out of her mind to think a parent actually wanted to listen to their child squeak every waking moment of the day but I guess she was at least smart enough to make it possible for a parent to pull out the squeaker. Brian's dad picked him up from work and took him to Spacewalk of Germantown to pick up the moonbounce we had rented for Eli's party which would be the next day, Saturday...thank goodness this week is almost over! Mom and Dad called and offered us the use of Dad's car while they were...get this...IN JAMAICA!!!! They are going on a cruise this week with two other couples they are friends with-how fun! I left that decision up to Brian but after thinking back over the week it didn't take him long to call my Dad back and take him up on his offer. So, about 7 pm we headed back out to meet my parents "halfway" and eat dinner and pick up the car. We finished up and went home and again....went to bed completely and utterly exhausted!

SATURDAY- Eli got taken out for an early birthday breakfast (his actual birthday is Sunday, the 8th-it seems to have gone on FOREVER) by Grandad and Grandmom Sha(pronounced "Shea")-Brian's parents. We then all met up (except for Brian because he was running errands for Eli's party) at the Pink Palace Crafts Fair and spent the majority of the morning and early afternoon there. About 1:15 I figured I better get the kids home for a small nap before Eli's party which was suppose to start at 3:00. Ella Kate was out before I even got out of the parking lot!!! Eli had a bit more stamina and made it home but quickly fell asleep once in his bed. I woke him up at 2:45 for his party. He insisted he wear his buzz lightyear costume since afterall it was a buzz lightyear party. Ella was up as well with all the excitement. Cake, candy and lots of Kool-aid kept them going all afternoon long. The party was a blast. The kids loved the moonbounce (including Eli) and even I must admit I was sad to see it have to be deflated and returned. But I think my all time favorite was the pinata! It was so much fun to watch the kids beat that thing until all the candy began falling out. Everytime some would fall out you would hear them all cry out "CANDY" and they'd rush to it picking it up and bringing it to the sack I had. We then divided it out among everyone and filled their buzz lightyear stadium cups with candy and a cute little toy story straw. Eli has racked up in the toy department...many thanks from him...but I must say I have NO IDEA where I will put them all. Brian and I seriously have to clean out the play room to make room for the new, more age appropriate stuff I guess. We managed to get the kids in bed at very decent hours (Ella went to bed early at 7:00 and Eli was in bed at 8:15). I was so tired and so I tried to get low census but here I am at work. We are pretty full here at the hospital but after midnight it slows down pretty much. I guess that gets you up to date, so I am officially caught up and can sign out. Hopefully you were able to read this entire blog and I promise (maybe) to never wait this long to update again! One more thing since it is actually Sunday at this point (4 am to be exact)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!!!!!

No comments: