Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 20, 2006

STILL HERE

Hello everyone! I am sure you are wondering what has happened to the consistant updates? Well, colds, teething, fussiness (welcome cold weather), and POTTY TRAINING! Eli decided that when he turned three he was going to do it like a big boy...and he did..a week after his birthday. This week we have been really working hard on this and he is doing great...except when that strong will of his lets me know that he doesn't have time for sitting on the potty! There is too much fun to be had in the life of a toddler. But the way I see it...he CAN do it because he does when it is on his terms. BUT those days are over...I am stepping up and being the parent and saying enough is enough...no more diapers!!! If I can break that will I think we'll have it made! Seriously though, he is so ready for this and completely knows what to do! I am proud of him when he follows through with that! Isn't it funny what we as parents find joy in-who would have thought!!!

Ella is teething (those eye teeth hurt). I feel so sorry for her when she tries to eat and screams out when she bites down in "the wrong place." Needless to say, I have had to be very creative this week with food. It has to be soft for the most part: macaroni, potatoes, oatmeal, etc. She is starched up!!!! Oh well, it'll get better. Both the kids have a cold. Bad cough and runny nose mostly. No wheezing for Ella Kate but of course we have bumped up her Pulmocort to twice a day with this cold. Hopefully it will all pass and they'll have a break before the next one hits (gotta love those wintery months!) Well, I better run. I have lots to do since most of my day is spent waiting for the top of the hour to take Eli to the bathroom-haha! Take care!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Good luck with potty training! Malcolm and I both woke up with stuffy noses today and I think he's working on his eye teeth as well. So I'm right there with ya, sista!