ONE TRACK MIND
Well, Eli had a great actual birthday on Sunday. When I got home from work he was awake and we greeted him with numerous "happy birthdays," smiles, and hugs! We covered his eyes and FINALLY-he got his castle he was wanting so badly! Poor thing...we had to go to church so he didn't get to play with it until after his afternoon nap, but I think it was worth it. He has had a blast playing with it. He's been doing all those boy things like locking up the bad guys in the dungeon and shooting the cannon and firing the missles from the boat, lowering the drawbridge, etc. Granna and Papa called from Houston,TX to sing happy birthday to the birthday boy. That was very sweet. It's sad, my first thought today as I was getting ready to come to work was...well, I guess mom and dad are sailing away to Jamaica!!!! Lucky dogs!!! :)
I have to tell you all what Eli said today. It really shows that he has a one track mind!! I love Eli's class at church since he has moved up to the 3 year old class because he comes home having learned a lesson and most of the time he really does remember! There are two teachers in particular that really seem to have a gift for teaching because it's always evident by how much Eli is able to tell us on the way home in the car. Today, he learned about Moses and the golden calf. The theme of the day was to put God first-to only worship Him. Eli had a piece of paper that had a one on it and he had decorated it with stickers and crayons and such. But, the funny part was what was written on it!!!! Already pre printed was " I love God because." Then there were lines to fill in why they loved God. Can you just imagine what Eli said? He said "I love God because He gave me my castle." I have to say I laughed until I cried!!! I guess he was thinking about that castle all through church! Brian said when he went to pick him up Eli said, "I don't worship castles, I only worship God." I guess he understood the lesson, huh? Children are so funny! I am really enjoying this age...as challenging as it is...he is so funny!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Eli! It sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy--but happy and that's the most important!
Post a Comment