Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

STAYIN' ALIVE

Well, we are going into day 6 at my parents. Still waiting on air conditioning and got word that the unit had been approved for installation although we will be responsible for $400.00. WHAT???? My thoughts exactly!! I thought that's why we paid the $500.00 American Home Shield Fee every year...to cover "incidents" like this! It seems that the Fee doesn't cover the permit for a new one, removal of the old one, and something to do with a drain. The bad news just doesn't end!!! Anyway, there is a Carrier warehouse located in Collierville so we are hoping they have our actual unit/parts in stock and if so we are looking at thursday/friday installation. It is a 6 hour job they told us and Brian has orientation for Crichton so that leaves me to man the post in the unairconditioned house for 6 hours-YUCK! The other option is to wait until next week...an even bigger YUCK! The kids are managing. Poor things are really ready to be in their own house and their own beds. Today, Eli told me he wanted to go home....oh how I wish we could. However, my parents have been totally wonderful. I've had dinner every night (that I didn't have to fix) and an extra set of hands which you better believe I've appreciated. So, even though we are "displaced," I'm very thankful for family close by.

Tonight was sad. I had to come into work for my extra four hours and mom, dad, and the kids came outside to see me off. As I was driving out the driveway, I look in my rearview mirror and see Eli SPRINTING down the driveway after the car! He had the biggest tears just dripping down his face!!! I of course stopped the car and hugged him so tight. I wanted to cry with him. That probably sounds silly, but that's the first time my baby has begged me not to go to work and it broke my heart! I will definitely be checking on him and giving him quiet little kisses after I get home.

oh-I have to share another "eli-ism"
When we were on vacation we went to the build-a-bear workshop and Eli made a frog and Ella Kate made a pooh bear. When you ask Eli where we went he says "the BOOGIE BEAR workshop!" How funny is that???

No comments: