THE BIG 3-0!
Happy birthday Brian! A little late on the site, but we celebrated big! July 14th we celebrated my hubby leaving one decade and entering the next! hee hee! I had been planning a surprise party for him for a couple of weeks. I sent out invitations, made reservations at the spaghetti warehouse, and managted to keep the secret....until it was time to go to the restaurant. He all of a sudden had some suspicion (because apparently i had dressed the kids a little too goo to just be going to grandmom's house) and proceeded to try and get it out of me. I stood my ground....until....... well, you can read the dialogue below:
Brian: (as we are pulling out of the driveway to go to spaghetti warehouse where everyone is waiting) "I don't really feel like italian."
Candice: But I made us reservations and they are expecting us.
Brian: We can just cancel. I really don't want italian. We already had it twice this week!
Candice: I would be embarrassed to cancel at the last minute like this.
Brian: I'm pretty sure they won't remember us and can fill our table with someone else who wants to eat italian.
Candice: Why don't you want to do what I spent so much time planning for us (a night out together) ?
Brian: Well, it's my birthday why can't I pick where we go?
Candice (much frustration and not sure at this point what to say to him anymore. I knew he knew but I didn't want to crack.
Brian: Let's go to firebirds!
Candice: NO. I was really looking forward to that lasagna!
Brian: Well, I want something different (and he then proceeded to pass right by the interstate).
Candice: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Get back on the interstate...people are waiting on you....How did you figure it out? You are so mean! Can't you just sit back and enjoy a surprise?
(we were both laughing uncontrollably)
Brian (much laughter...evil and sinister) And of course comments on how easy it was to make me "crack."
Even so, he was excited that I had planned a special time to get together with our friends and family to celebrate his life (all 30 years of it) and we had an excellent time!
Eli was so cute all day. He kept wanting to call daddy at work and sing happy birthday to him. He was on key and oh so very sweet! There's just nothing better than family and friendships and I am counting my blessings!
We are off to Nashville this week for a mini 3 day vacation with another couple. We are taking the kids and hopefully everything will go smoothly. I'll update once we get back and fill you all in on our trip! take care!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment