Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 09, 2006

FIVE YEARS DOWN

Well, I know it is July 9th and I am just now updating, but July 6th was mine and Brian's 5 year anniversary!! It has really flown by. It's been five years full of ups and downs but five years full of memories we will carry with us forever. In the last five years we have gone through the joy of being newly married, buying our first house, our first car, having 2 wonderful children together (a boy and a girl and the different joys they each bring), taking vacations, etc. We have also gone through loss together. When we were married, we had the privilege of having all our grandparents there to celebrate with us. This past year we lost my grandaddy to cancer. I guess "lost" isn't really the appropriate word because we know exactly where he is...perfect and healed and praising our Lord and Saviour in Heaven! When I look back at those 5 years I know there isn't another person in the world I would rather have made all those memories with! Brian, you have stood by me through all my personal ups and downs...thank you. You are a constant source of love and encouragement to me. I look forward to spending the next 5 years times 14 with you!
We got a wonderful gift of being able to leave the kids at grandma's house friday night (the day after our actual anniversary) for a sleepover! Thanks grandmom and grandad! Brian and I ate at Folk's Folly (the most fabulous restaraunt EVER although pretty pricey!) Brian aranged for us to have a private room and everything! I told him that we might have to go there every year on our anniversary! He quickly told me that that's probably about as much as we could afford to go- ha ha! I had filet minon with a bournaisse sauce (yum!) and Brian had the porterhouse. We got garlic potato casserole and spinach casserole with our meal and they gave us a yummy chocolate brownie with ice cream for dessert (on the house). Is anyone hungry yet? After dinner we went to see Pirates of the Carribean. It was really good, but a word to the wise for those of you who haven't seen it and don't know this bit of info (like I didn't) They leave it WIDE OPEN! I so wasn't expecting that! So, I wonder how long until the next one comes out? I'm looking forward to it! Probably the best part of all was that I got to sleep in (well, until 9:30-but hey, that's better than 7:30) until I had to pick up the kids at 10:30. I do not remember the last time I slept that late. I would have rather slept in until like 11:00, but hey, I'm not complaining!
So, all in all I had a great anniversary and am still head over heels after 5 wonderful years together!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Congrats on your anniversary! It's amazing at the changes that happen over just a few years. Glad to hear you and Brian are stronger than ever! Enjoy the next 5 and 10 and...