Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 12, 2006

Well, another busy week has come and gone. I think the only day we weren't doing something was Tuesday. Poor Ella Kate is exhausted cause she did the one nap thing instead of getting her two naps every day except Tuesday and Saturday. I tell you though, it's so nice having both the kids on the same schedule. It makes the day really go by faster to get out and do something in the morning. We visited the Collierville YMCA one day and went to the sprinkler park in Collierville another. The kids had "school" on Monday and Thursday. Speaking of school...this past week was Ella Kate's first week. She had a rough time only sleeping 30 minutes the first day and 50 minutes total the second. Needless to say she came home both days and slept for quite a while!!!!! Being separated from her mommy is also very hard for her. She just cries and cries and it breaks my heart!!! She calms down after a little bit, but separation anxiety is ever present!!!! Hopefully, as she adjusts, things will get better.
Eli was hilarious this week. He has been scared to death of the water at the sprinkler park and of swimming pools (whichI totally don't understand cause he'll take a shower and bath at home and have the most fun!). We were going back to the sprinkler park on Friday, so I told Eli that if he was a big boy and played in the water and had fun and didn't cry the whole time that we would go to Target and buy him a noodle (those swimming pool styrofoam things). He's been talking nonstop about getting a noodle. I thought it would be a good incentive and was I ever right about that! He played so great and as he would run under the water I would cheer him on and tell him how proud I was of him! He ran over to Jennifer (my friend who had gone with us) and told her "my mommy is so proud of me for going in the water!" Oh how I wish I had that on the video camera! How sweet is that :) Well, after his nap that day we had to make a special trip to Target and get that noodle! He also kept saying, "I want some looking glasses." Looking glasses??? Well, as we passed the goggles in the aisle he exclaimed, "looking glasses!!!" OH!!!!! Of course how could I pass that up? So, he got some "looking glasses" that had killer whales on them (Shamoo). He now runs through the house with his "looking glasses" on and holding a noodle (that is 4 times as big/long as he is) straight out in front of him. Ahh, the memories!!!
Brian and I are looking into getting a laptop sometime in the near future. Our computer at home is near death. I am for some unknown reason unable to post at home which is why there are no pictures yet. But hopefully we'll be able to get the new computer soon and I'll be able to do all the things I want to with this site. Well, I better run. It's going to be another busy week. This Wednesday would have been my Grandaddy's 79th birthday. It's another "first" for Meemaw, so we are having a brunch at my house with all the girls to help the day be a little easier for her. I'm looking forward to spending the time with everyone. Everyone have a good week!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Thanks for posting on my xanga site. Sounds like you are on your way to a lively summer. Hope Ella is doing better at sleeping at MDO.