This past week was very full! The kids both went to school Monday and Thursday. Monday was heavenly! I was so tired....having only had like 4 hours of sleep in about 50 hours, I was more than ready to tuck myself in for a rest! My mother-in -law came by and picked the kids up about 9:00 to take them to school for me (a godsend on Mondays!) and that means I got to go to bed!!!! I slept from 9-2 and when the alarm woke me up at 2:00 my first thought was...BUT I JUST FELL ASLEEP!!!! I seriously don't think I moved for the whole 5 hours! I picked the kids up and Miss Ella Kate did much better being condemned to the bathroom. She actually slept 1 1/2 hours at school (in the bathroom, but hey, she slept!) Eli on the other hand is all of a sudden my "anti napper." We have practically had to threaten him with his life at home to lay down and sleep!!!! So, at school he doesn't sleep anymore. Needless to say, when we get home the two of them are so worn out that they go straight to bed and sleep until I usually wake them up at 6:oo for dinner!
Wednesday was my grandaddy's birthday. He would have been 79. We had a brunch at my house with just the girls in the family. I really think my grandmother appreciated and enjoyed it. Her most favorite thing in the world is being all together. She loves her grands and greatgrands...that's for sure (not that I EVER doubted it). We had really yummy food, but the chaos of kids running and screaming and trying to push ride on rocket ships up the slide and ride them back down (oh, and did I say screaming) just about made me crazy!!!! My mom would love that run on sentence!
Thursday after I picked the kids up from school I noticed that Ella was wheezing once we got home. She caught the cold I had last weekend and everytime she gets a cold she gets a fun few rounds of wheezing/croup. I gave her an albuterol treament and that didn't work, so I gave her a xopenex treatment. That worked for about an hour to which she then got more albuterol..that stopped it. She ended up needed albuterol about every four hours the next day and today she just got it twice and has been ok. I called the doctors office and let them know I wanted to have a consult visit with Dr. Christian to talk about these "episodes." It seems like it is getting worse with every cold. It is taking more and more to make the wheezing stop and that just doesn't seem right to me. They usually don't diagnose kids with "asthma" until about age five, but our family history does not help her any. So, we'll see....
Today we celebrated father's day early. While Brian was doing the yard work this morning, Eli and I baked a cake. Eli had quite alot of fun! He was so excited about getting to pour ingredients in and getting to stir. He even said "hey mamma, maybe you can take a picture of me stirring." Of course I got the camera and took plenty of picts of him stirring! He was all smiles! I told him the cake was a suprise for daddy for father's day and so what does he do? He goes outside to "help" daddy fertilize the yard and tells him "guess what? mommy and I made you a cake for father's day!" He was so very excited! After getting cleaned up, we all went out to lunch and ran a few errands. When we first got out, we were sitting at a red light and no lie, not 12 feet from us lightening hit the pole!!! We heard a hum and felt a shake and saw sparks flying off the pole. I must say that was a first! Eli was quite enthralled with the site of that!
well, this has been a long enough entry...hope everyone has a great week!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
Hope Ella is doing better with the wheezing. And "whatever it takes" is my motto, so if sleeping in the bathroom is what it takes, go with it! I enjoy keeping up with you through blogs too. Yes, computers are GREAT!
Post a Comment