Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Things are going good. We did a few things this week but nothing major. We went to the zoo one day and had a great morning. Boy, was it hot!!! And it's only May!!! I think we are in for a very hot summer! Eli loves going to the zoo. He loves to see the polar bears and the panda bears...he also loves to point out that those panda bears eat bamboo. He had a blast running through the zoo with one of his friends, Carter, who went along with us. He enjoyed playing outside another day. We hooked up the water hose to his elmo sprinkler and he ran and played and got the starts of a little tan. I think his favorite thing to do was put the hose at the top of his slide and turn it into a water slide!!! He shot down the slide so fast he went scooting across the yard, but he didn't care...it was fun! He said quite a funny this week. We asked him what a pig says and he would say "oink oink." We'd ask him what a cow says and he'd say "moo." And then we'd ask him what Eli says and he'd say "talk talk talk"-ain't that the truth!!!! It never stops!! ha ha!
Ella Kate is just getting cuter and cuter with every passing day (from my totally biased perspective)!!! She is pulling up to standing all the time now to get to what she wants so maybe soon we will see the starts of some cruising...and eventually walking. I'm not in any big hurry... I love all the cuddling she does. She's getting quite good at waving bye bye and blowing kisses. She started saying light and points up to the light fixture/ceiling fan. Her actual word sounds more like "ight"....of course here in the south that could be mistaken for "alright" but we're pretty sure she is referring to the light since she points to that :)
So, how about that American Idol finale??? I must admit I voted about 50 times for Katherine. I knew Taylor would win, but I just love Katherine's voice!!!! Brian made me vote once for him for Taylor. I did it...reluctantly :) Some friends and I are thinking about going to Nashville to an actual American Idol concert...a fun girls night out....we might drive through the town with our windows down screaming "SOUL PATROL" or something crazy like that....it'll keep us young- ha ha!!!! Another show I am hooked on is Grey's Anatomy. I LOVE IT! I can't bring myself to erase the season finale off my TVO. That's pretty sad I know...I can't wait until the fall season starts back up. Ok, enough of that....
My brother and his wife moved into their first home this weekend. I am so excited for them! The pictures I've seen of the house look great. I am looking forward to going and visiting sometime hopefully soon. I just need to pick a few days, pack the kids up and go.
This week the kids start the summer term of mother's day out. They will both be going two days a week (Monday and Thursday). Eli will be glad I think to get back to two days. However, Ella Kate is a different story. I am so nervous for her! This will be her first time to go and in light of her inability (at this time) to sleep anywhere other than her bed, I don't forsee a great first day on Thursday. Hopefully, this will help her adjust and teach her that it is ok to sleep in other places!!!! Granna would love for her to come stay with her for a few days I'm sure!
Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone has a great week and once again, I'll try harder to find time to sit down and figure out downloading pictures. Maybe on Thursday when the kids are in MDO....

No comments: