Hey there! Well, what a week it has been...I am exhausted! Not only has it been a tiring week, but I am fighting falling asleep while here at work at 3:30 in the morning! I did take the kids to Ma & Pa's for a couple of days (Wednesday-Friday). They had a blast as did I... and Ma made my favorite butterscotch pie (which we totally finished off before heading back home)! Whenever I ask Eli what his favorite part was, he says "riding the 4 wheeler and feeding the fish!" He had a blast doing both those things. We could hardly pry him off that 4 wheeler and he talked Pa into feeding those fish twice in one day!!! He's gonna have some fat fish in that pond! The only set back was some runny noses and a baby that wouldn't sleep (I won't single any certain baby girl out). I'm not sure what Ella Kate's problem is, but she does not like sleeping away from home! On top of not sleeping, she got really congested and had the beginnings of what sounded like it would turn into croup at any second. Alot of praying got us through until we got home on Friday (her birthday mind you). Once home, she took a nap and awoke about 2:45 with major wheezing! I gave her an albuterol treatment and she was still not much better. I called the pediatrician's office and they wanted to see her right away. She was still wheezing when we got to the doctor's office but her oxygen saturation levels were good at 98%. She ended up receiving a xopenex nebulizer which was successful in stopping her wheezing. Poor baby, she is now on two nebulizers (albuterol and pulmocort) and orapred (steroid)-those steroids all tend to make her a little grouchy/moody!!!!! Hopefully, she will get better soon. We go for an X Ray on monday morning just to make sure there is no underlying physical problem. The pediatrician really thinks this is all triggered by colds/viruses. Best case scenario-she grown out of this and leaves it in the past!!! I just have to keep reminding myself "this too shall pass." Besides being completely worn out, she had a good birthday celebrating that night with a family and friends cookout. It's hard to believe our little baby girl is already one whole year old. She is now blowing kisses and I am catching every single one she blows my way! It's so so so very sweet...there's just something to be said about little girls!!!!
Eli is hitting those "terrible two's". I never thought such a sweet little boy could be so ...well....not a sweet little boy (to put it politely). Don't get me wrong...I love him to pieces and he still has his sweet moments, but he is testing those waters of limits and boundary breaking..."this too shall pass", right???? I just can't believe how fast these kids are growing up. It's like I blink and there went another year! It's crazy and I don't like it!!! I stop so much and think about all the funny things Eli says (ie: carryself, washamean, snake, ominents-translation? carousel, washing machine, steak, and ornaments) and know that one day soon he will actually pronounce those words correctly and my sweet little baby will be all grown up. But that's my job right? To guide him into "manhood"...what a priviledge!!!!
Well, I guess that's enough rambling for tonight. I'll update again on Monday to let everyone know how the Xray goes and how Ella Kate is doing. So, take care and until then.....goodnight! (well, eventually I will get some sleep...some being the key word)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment