Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Monster Cupcakes!

For Eli's 7th birthday he picked out the cutest little invitations. I was actually quite impressed. Since I work weekends, I gave my husband the task of helping Eli decide on invitations. The only stipulation I gave him was to pick out something I could run with. And did he ever come through! He even found them in the dollar bin at Target!! I wish I had thought ahead and taken a picture of these cute little invites being as I am blogging about them, but sometimes my brain just refuses to think that far in advance. So back to the party...the theme was Monster Bash Birthday. The invitation was postcard style and had the cutest little furry, cuddly, non scary, kid friendly monsters on it! One of the biggest parts of a themed party is the cake. So you can imagine my elation when I came across these cuties:
The idea is by Wilton (probably the most famous, well known cake people ever) and I took one look (maybe even just half a look) and knew that this was it. If you want to make these for your little monster, you can find the instructions here. I have to admit, I was a little concerned being that I had never decorated a cupcake more than some icing smeared across the top, but Eli loved them almost as much as I did, and us mothers can do anything when it comes to our kids, right? Well, we at least attempt it :)

I have to say...I think they turned out pretty darn cute! I couldn't help but grin ear to ear as I made these funny looking guys!



The cupcake tower is an idea I got from a college friend and fellow blogger. You can find her post on how to make your own cupcake tower here. I just took her idea and "monsterfied" it. Is that even a word? Well, it is now.



Then, just stack all your little monster cupcakes on each tier...


You will probably want to leave this centerpiece there in the middle of your table forever. Part of me really didn't want people to come over and eat all this cuteness.


But they did and every single cupcake was gone by the end of the day.

This little guy was one happy, monster lovin', cupcake eating boy. Can't believe he's SEVEN. When did that happen???? Come back tomorrow and I'll give you the details on how to make glow in the dark slime...yep. You haven't really experienced a Monster party unless you've had 16 six and seven year olds running around with homemade slime :)

1 comment:

leemeandthegirls said...

I think the cupcakes AND the tower turned out GREAT! Such a cute idea for a monster party!