Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

In His Image

I've become so very aware of the stark differences between my girls and my boys. I've also had more fun looking back through old photos and pulling this blog together. I was thinking the other day about this verse:

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

When I think about my children and how different yet similar they are, I am amazed. Each part of who they are was fashioned after the very one who created them and that leaves me nothing short of amazed.

Girls LIVE for dress up...
and the love for all things shoes is part of our genetic makeup...
Apparently, boys enjoy dress up too...as long as they can let out a loud ARGH!!!!
Girls are sentimental (this is Maggie in my dress I wore home from the hospital almost 32 years ago)...

and we like to dance...
Boys love all God's creatures...
and sometimes, girls want nothing to do with them...

Boys are strong...

but have a flare for being goofy.

Girls are dramatic...
and can be a bit emotional....
We like to dream...
and spend most of our growing up days dreaming of our wedding...cause we're sentimental, remember?

Boys...

get into EVERYTHING!!

Girls mainly get all up in your business cause we are a relational kind of people.
Boys....

enjoy walking on the wild side...

and have a thing for their toys...no matter their age :)

Girls enjoy quality time with another kindred spirit...

...but so do boys :)

3 comments:

proud aunt of all those little sweeties! said...

Oh my goodness, what a great post! Those are some fantastic pictures and wonderful memories. And it's amazing to see the family resemblances! The picture of Eli on the 4-wheeler reminds me a lot of Abby, and the one of Noah and the toilet paper (I think that's him) could be Brian when he was little. Just love each one of them so much!!!!

The Bailey Family said...

That is wonderful Candice!!! I too notice a very big difference between my boys and girls. I love it and and so thankful to be blessed with both!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love this post!! So tire about God creating the. To be so different.